Stan Kastoras A Warrior

• 42 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Stan Kastoras A Warrior
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:14:02 AM »
With a very heavy heart I must inform this group of the passing of Stan Kastoras, husband of Miaki, and father to their son, on March 13, 2007 after a long battle with congestive heart failure.

Stan was a warrior in every sense of the word, battling thal as a champion. His iron will kept him going much longer than any doctors believed possible.

He will be sorely missed. Our hearts go out to his wife and son, and all his family and friends.

Miaki, we are here for you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
Re: Stan Kastoras A Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »
NO!!!!!
not stan! maria, i am sooo sorry to hear this news. you and your son are in my thoughts and prayers.
stan was such an admirable person. from what ive heard of him, he was a leader, and a definite miracle with all that hes been through.
maria, please, if you need anything, dont hesitate to to ask.
again i am so sad, i dont know what to say???
we love you.

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 06:16:19 AM »
I'm so terribly saddened by this news, Mia.  I'm so incredibly sorry.  :wah  I have no words to express how much sorrow I feel for you.  We are all here for you in any way we can possibly be.  You and your son will be in my prayers.   :( :hugfriend

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:01:19 AM »
Oh dear....

I can't believe I am reading this. :quiver

Stan was a true warrior. He is an example for all of us to fight disease beyond our natural limits without giving up hope. He was a true soldier and his name will live on among us forever.

My heart goes out to his entire family and friends. :sorrow

Miaki, I know it is a very hard time upon you now, but you have to be strong and take extra care of yourself and your son.

May his soul have peace. :pray
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 09:54:21 AM »
Sorry to hear of this news,my heart goes out to the family.I didnt know stan,but as a thal patient im saddened to hear of this terrible news.Keep strong miaki !

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »
Oh!  :whaat can't believe that. what a sad,sad news.............  :sorrow my condolence Miaki!
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline akka1981

• Think positive, Confidence is the path to sucess
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY MIAKI TO U AND UR FAMILY.

Am shock to hear this sad news.Anyway your hubby was an example to all thals. He was a brave person afterall.

Tc of ur health.

V are always there for u dear.

Luv .tc

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »
My deepest sympathies to Stan's family.  I am deeply saddened to hear of this.
I had been praying for his recovery. 
Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »
 Miaki, we are very sorry to hear this about  you husband Stan!

Sincerely condoleance!

akkro2000

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 08:14:45 PM »
I'm so very sad about this.  I cannot stop thinking about it.  I cannot even imagine what Miaki and her son are going through.   :quiver

Offline ThalGal

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 01:18:22 AM »

Stan was one of the first patients I meet at my very first TIF conference in NYC.  I remember he and his friend Bill were wearing cowboy hats!

I had the pleasure of meeting Maria when she and Stan came to the States for their honeymoon.  Through the years I have seen Maria, or Maria & Stan at the TIF conferences.  I am happy and proud to call them friends. 

Stan was a pioneer for all thal patients.  I will miss you Stan the Man!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Maria & Theodore.

Offline jzd24

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 02:21:01 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about Stan. My heart and love go out to you, Miaki, and to your son. I didn't know Stan, but I know he was very loved and respected. Love, Jean

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
hi,i m new member here,still i feel really sad about stan, i didn't know him,but my heart goes for him and his family,please will one of u old members kindly tell me about him?how old was he?where did he live?and how is his son?i'll be much grateful.
May his soul rest in heaven.
Ameen.
Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Siena

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
Dearest Miaki, I am overwhelmed with sadness from hearing about dear Stan's passing. I was on my way to visit you both in the ward on Tuesday the 13th after my transfusion but the phenergan I was given had totally taken over my senses and so I decided to turn around and head home. Today I found out that Stan had passed on that very day. I cannot believe it.....so very hard to comprehend. I am praying for you and Theodore. Stan was indeed a gentleman with a wicked sense of humour and will be SO missed by SO many.  He was courageous and an absolute inspiration to me. He will always be in my memory. Darling Maria, you are in my thoughts and in my prayers.....I wish I could say something to ease your pain

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »
I am reallly shocked , no words can describe how sad i am. I thought he will make it, but.....

Miaki, i know how you feel and i know that no words can ease your pains but be sure that this is much better for him. God always choose the best for us, it could have een worest.

I am thinking of you all the time, i am so sorry

Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk