In Memory of Lisa Cammilleri

• 6 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
In Memory of Lisa Cammilleri
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »
Lisa's birthday was March 23. I'd like to post this old poem in memory of Lisa and all of our friends that have passed on. We really miss you, Lisa.

Do not stand at my grave and weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die

By Mary Elizabeth Frye

(To hear a lovely version of these lyrics sung by Sandra O'Neill, click the attachment below).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:46:49 PM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline akka1981

• Think positive, Confidence is the path to sucess
Re: In Memory of Lisa Cammilleri
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:54:09 AM »

Lisa, an unforgetable person, whose been touching my life. Thanks to Lisa and Andy, today am feeling confident and brave to face life with anything that come across. I was totally depressed b4 as i've no one whose thal to share my problems releated to thal etc. Now i fee v confident as i know my friends are here always for me in this website.

If she were here with us, she would be v happy to see family growing up. Its been v easy to discuss any matter on this site and response also prompt.

Lisa, u'll remain in our hearts forever.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 07:11:03 AM »
Although I never got to communicate with Lisa, but I can feel her passion and dedication to Thals. in form of this site and it's owners Mr. Andy (Capt. Thal. Care) :) and Sister Danielle (Our Florence Nightingale) :biggrin who are continuing the legacy of Lisa and making this site the best place for patients to help each other.

Thank you, Lisa for everything that you have done.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 07:17:18 AM »
Happy Birthday, Lisa!  You are always in our hearts.  Thank you for bringing this wonderful group together.  We are all continuing the fight for you!   :hugfriend  Love and miss you, Li! :heartpink

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »
I wish that i was able to talk to her. May her soul rest in peace. Lisa, thank you for caring about thal, i can't imagine how life would have been without this site.

Thanks Lisa

Manal

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 08:44:13 AM »
I didnt know Lisa either,but she sounded like a fantastic person who was full of life & bubbly.
Andy that poem was lovely that you posted,people never forgot such wonderfull people like lisa,her memory like others will always live on and her wonderfull work (this site) will too.
May lisa look down on us and see how her work,worked-getting all thals worldwide together to help support one another.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:07:51 AM »
Happy Birthday Lisa,

You gave me hope in my darkest moment, when this disease was foreign to me and I was searching for answers.  I had sent out millions of emails trying to get information and you reached out to me.  Thank you. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk