Exjade Release in India On 5th Auguest

• 9 Replies
Exjade Release in India On 5th Auguest
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:58:10 AM »
Good News For Thalassemic.Exjade is Releasing On 5th Aug :biggrin.but the problem is it will not available in chemist like desferal.You have to bring it from novartis itself and cost is yet not fixed but would be around RS 100-150.Cheaper Than Desferal.If Any Further Question You all are WEL-COME E-MAIL My id is: rishiagarwal1989@yahoo.co.in

Re: Exjade Release in India On 5th Auguest
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Does anyone have an online pharmacy address and telephone number that will sell exjade when available and sample costs..thank you

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 06:52:27 AM »
Hi there,

You can order Exjade from http://citypharmacy.com in Dubai. There is an order form on the site while you can also contact them by post on the addresses on their site.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline fairytale

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:35:11 PM »
We were told it would be available in cyprus too by this summer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm so tired of desferal. 

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »
hi Rishi ,
            did u find any latest news abt. d capsule :wink :hugfriend :rotfl take care

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »
Please see link below for more information and update on Exjade and L1.

http://www.cooleysanemia.com/bodies/body309.php

Thanks
Regards.

Offline Isis

• Ash and me
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:13:02 AM »
The release of Exjade in India is still not imminent. As per the letter we have received from Dr M.B. Agarwal, from Bombay :

Novartis has postponed the launch of Exjade in India, till 2008.... in view of this we are postponing the proposed thalassaemia meeting scheduled on 5th Aug 2007 to January or after that. The reason for delaying the launch of Exjade as explained by Novartis (India), is that they have not yet been able to persuade Novartis International to reduce the price of Exjade to a level which is reasonable for Indian thalassaemic patients.

Releasing  Exjade at its current prohibitive prices in India would not be affordable for even the fabulously rich. As long as desferal works out cheaper (and I  never thought any chelator could  be more expensive than desferal ...  :huh )  than Exjade, I would think most Indians will put up with the pain and continue with desferal.

I have been hearing since last year that Exjade would be released in July 2006, in India. Luckily, I did not jump the gun and have high expectations, as I had my doubts about a "new" lifesaving drug being released "cheaper".... seemed highly unlikely (given the Company's past record).
Well, keep your fingers crossed anyway. 
Regards.
Shilpa.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:43:14 AM by Isis »

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »
Exjade infact is very expensive. For an adult the cost of exjade is approx $500-$600 for a month in Canada. If the drug is approved as life saving by the government than it will be available free of cost to the patinets. Currently, desferal and all relative supplies are provided by government free of cost.
Regards.

Offline Parin

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »
I was read that it will be launch in Jan2008 in India? if its launch then it will be good....so how can i get the exjade?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
Exjade is very costly, so unless Novartis decides to subsidize the cost for Indian patients, it will remain out of the reach of most patients. I think the best hope for exjade in India is if an Indian drug company manufactures their own generic version of it, although we can expect Novartis to try to prevent this from happening by the use of continuing lawsuits.

Kelfer, which has just had its 20th anniversary, remains the only affordable chelator in India at this point in time. For those who can use kelfer, it has been a Godsend, as none of the other chelating drugs has proven to be as effective as kelfer in removing iron from the heart.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk