IP6 (update)

• 29 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
IP6 (update)
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
Hi all we've been using IP6 for about a week.  500mg 2X a day.  We plan it around his day (as it must be taken 1 hr before a meal or 3 hrs after a meal).  It's a large capsule so it took him a while gettig used to swallowing it, but he is fine with it now.

Andy, how long does it usually take before patients begin seeing results?  He seems to be doing very well taking it 2X a day, should I try 3X a day now?

What results and changes have other patients noticed?

After reading about the product I am excited about all of the potential benefits of IP6, as well as the iron chelation. 

I'll keep posting our experience with IP6, hopefully we'll begin seeing results soon.

:hugfriend
Sharmin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:27:20 AM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: IP6
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »
HI SHARMIN,

i hope everything will go well,,pleae do inform us about the results ,my daughter is taking ferriprox right now,but if a vitamin can do that,i think it won't have any side effects,like ferriprox.

Good Luck. :thumbsup

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
Hi Zaini,

My son is on desferal as well.  The IP6 does not substitute the need for iron chelation using desferal, ejade etc.  I am sure Andy can do a better job of explaining it. Desferal, with a dose of vitamin C half hour after beginning desferal, rids his body of iron, we use IP6 along with desferal to help lower his ferritin. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:54:28 AM »
IP6 has never been tested as an iron chelator for iron overload. The focus of the research has been into its properties as a cancer inhibitor. Of special interest in regards to thalassemia, it has been observed that IP6 removes iron and also prevents the formation of oxygen radicals. These radicals are how iron damages the organs.

from http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/133/11/3778S

IP6, specifically interacting with iron to completely inhibit its ability to catalyze hydroxyl radical formation, making IP6 a strong antioxidant. This anticancer action of IP6 may be further related to mineral binding ability; IP6 by binding with Zn2+ can affect thymidine kinase activity, an enzyme essential for DNA synthesis, or remove iron, which may augment colorectal cancer

Since IP6 is a natural substance I would expect its effect to be seen over time and not immediately. I also think there are more subtle things that IP6 may affect that may not be noticed, such as its cancer inhibiting properties. As the thal population ages, there are more secondary problems being recognized and with the role iron has in the formation of cancer cells, it won't be surprising to see cancer among thals. (It is believed that Lisa's dad, who was also a thal, had liver cancer when he passed away at age 48).

Ip6's role as an anti-oxidant could prove very helpful to thals beyond chelation. If it can help prevent the radical formation that is caused by iron, it may help prevent some of the damage iron causes to the organs. At this point it is hypothetical, but the anti-cancer properties can't be disputed and this same activity could also mean less cellular damage to thals. Much more research is needed to determine how effective IP6 is but its ability to prevent radical formation should be of special interest to thals. It may be something to consider adding to the nutritional supplementation for thals.

Sharmin, I see no reason not to raise the dose to 3 caps per day.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:33:58 AM »
HI,

I've ordered IP6 online for my daughter from puritan's pride,i hope it would work,though i am a bit afraid also,,starting a new medicine always creates a bit of excitement i guess,i hope ur son is doing well sharmin. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: IP6 (update)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 05:31:02 AM »
We've been using the IP6 for about a week.  We are now using it 3X a day. 
We don't have any measurements yet of ferratin but there is a visible change in his complexion.
At times over the years I have seen a copper-y tone in his face which seems to be fading since we began using the IP6.  Am I imagining this or have others noticed this as well?  I know that it is soon to notice changes with a natural supplement like IP6 but I feel that there is a change. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

That coppery tone is iron. Iron shows in the skin of transfused thals and the skin will lighten when iron is removed. It's a good sign that you see some change already. I don't know if this will show in serum ferritin tests as IP6 works at the cellular level. I don't know if it has any ability to remove iron from blood but the tests in the cancer studies showed it did work to attach iron at the cellular level. I think you'll have to be the judge of whether it helps. If you see a continued change in skin tone you'll know it is helping.
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 06:22:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty excited about this. :yahoo

I got my IP-6 today and it's Enzymatic's Cell Forte IP-6 & Inositol brand. According to the info on the pack it contains 800mg IP-6 with different quantities of Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Inositol per dose (2 tabs which means 400mg IP-6 per tab) and recommends twice per day on empty stomach and additional tablets allowed.

I think I'm going start off with a dose of 800mg once per day (instead of twice per day as indicated on the pack) with 250mg Vit. C to make sure it gets enough free Iron to chelate. I'll increase the dose gradually.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll keep updating.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 01:48:46 AM »
Hi guys,

We had our son's blood tested Friday - I'll post results of changes in ferr tomorrow evening.  We are going in for transfusion tomorrow. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 04:18:07 AM »
Hi Sharmin,

Wishing you all the luck in the world :goodluck that his S.F has come down more with the use of IP-6.

By the way, what dose (mg/kg) per day of IP-6 are you using for your son. Just divide the sum of mg on all tablets/capsules/powder scoops that you give your son in entire day with his weight in kg.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:05 AM »
Hello Sharmin :hugfriend :hugfriend

Wish you all the luck tomorrow, we will be waiting for the update

Take care
Manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »
Thanks everyone,

My son's ferr decreased by 200 points since we began using the IP6.  Initially he was on a very small dose - so he has only been having the full dose for a couple of weeks.  This is encouraging for us.  Of course, as Andy mentioned many of the benefits may not present as a change in SF. 

Sajid - currently we are giving my son 2000mg a day.  He is 23kg so he gets roughly 87mg per kilo.  We began giving him this does last week, before that he was getting 1500mg. 

Thanks everyone, I will keep posting his progress,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:26 AM »
Hi Sharmin,

That's good news! I think more importantly is what you have observed in the way your son looks. The change in skin tone is significant.

As I said, if IP6 is effective in aiding chelation, it may not be readily measured by ferritin tests. However, its ability to protect cells from iron oxidation and the damaged caused by iron radicals, may prove to be of major interests to thals. This damage is the reason why organs fail and if this can be inhibited in any way, it could mean years added to a thal's life. Research involving the use of high doses of IP6 in thals should take place, along with monitoring of liver and heart iron, and also heart function.

Andy

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
Congratulations Sharmin. :hugfriend :hugfriend

I am so happy for this progress, keep it up. I think the IP6 is an effective supplement as it affected the skin tone in such a short period of time.

Thanks Andy for helping us to find natual things that makes a difference with our kids :hugfriend

Take care :wink

Manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
IT's so great Sharmin,

I am waiting for IP6

ZAINI.

^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk