Hemoxide for thalassemia, anyone tried or heard of this before

• 13 Replies

Offline LindaMarie

Hello Lovelies!!!! :biggrin

I have been doing a bit of on line research. I seem to have aided my body in recovering from many "incurable" challenges and now that I have internet access, I am always on the hunt for help for us.

I read a very interesting article on Hemoxide and sickle cell disease that refers to a Duke medical study. Has anyone heard of this nutritional suppliment or tried it before.

I love you all,

Linda Marie :wink
Linda Marie

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Hemoxide for thalassemia, anyone tried or heard of this before
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
Hi Linda Marie,

There isn't much information on Hemoxide other than testimonials from people who've used it for a variety of problems. Hemoxide is claimed to raise levels of nitric oxide in the blood. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels, increasing blood flow and helping to control blood pressure. Another very interesting finding about nitric oxide is that it helps deliver oxygen to tissue.

From http://dukenews.duke.edu/2005/05/nitric.html

The Duke team showed that simply adding a molecule called nitric oxide to the blood's hemoglobin can make it deliver more oxygen to tissues...The team's finding is the strongest evidence to date supporting Stamler's theory, first developed in 1996, that nitric oxide is an innate part of the body's oxygen delivery system.

If hemoxide actually does increase nitric oxide levels in the blood it would definitely be a good thing.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »
Andy, you seem to be a pro at finding the research to support claims. What I read online about hemoxide cited the following reasearch, can you find it?

In an exciting breakthrough, researchers at Duke
University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute
discovered one of the keys to the cause of pain in
Sickle Cell Anemia, also known as, Mediterranean Blood
Disease. Their findings were reported in the
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Jan.
31, 2005. Here’s what they found.

Linda Marie

Offline vic

• thal minor with sickle cell child
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:56:39 AM »
ver interesting indeed,
i have never heard of it and seeing christian is sickle cell and a crisis was brought on by lack of oxygen in his blood stream this sounds like it could have prevented that.

i'd be very angry if this was an option before we embarked on regular transfusions.

vic

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:11:09 AM »
Hmm... No wonder they use Nitrogen in Scuba Diving :hmm
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:47:17 AM by netber »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:54:32 AM »
Linda Marie,

I hope you are well - we haven't heard from you for a looong time!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
Dear Linda ,

thnx alot for this post.

Does any one knows if it doesnt contain IRON for sure? I would like to try it ???
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:06:08 AM »
Hi Maryoom

The hemoxide brand found in the link provided by netber has no iron at all. Generally nitric oxide is known to benefit sickle cell so much as it decreases the frequency of crises. Also it plays a good role in thal intermedia as they are prone to PHT and the administration of it dilates blood vessels, increasing blood flow and helping to control blood pressure.

Actually we don't have any of the members here on these supplements, but if you intend to use it , it will be great if you update us with your findings :wink

manal

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »
Hi Manal yeah I am thinking of actually trying it as my mum has recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure so it would be good for the both of us as soon as she agrees I'll let u guys know  :biggrin
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »
I have been taking Hemoxide for the past 11 months to help with my high blood pressure and it has helped significantly.  At first I thought it was just a placebo effect, but after several checkup's with my doctor my general health is greatly improved.  I usually order my hemoxide from http://www.enhancednutrients.com as there price is the cheapest I've found and they are good to deal with.  Best of luck with the high blood pressure problem.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:43 AM »
Hi Miked ,
Thanx buddy for sharing your experience with us ... it will definately help alot of people here with blood pressure and other things .... please stay in-touch with us and keep posting abt your experience and keep us informing with your presciuos posts .. best wishes for u buddy ...

Best Regards
take care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »
Hi,
I have Sickle Cell, and I have recently started taking Hemoxide. I am an RN so of course I was skeptical initially, so I did some research. It actually uses theories from Nobel Prize research on nitric oxide. I started taking it on a sat, last month, and by tues I felt a huge difference in my body. I have woken up and fallen asleep with pain for the last two yrs. of my life. When I was pregnant with my second child, the disease flared up the worst it ever had in my life. That tues I woke up pain free. I had forgotten how that felt, normalcy I mean. The things we take for granted, like being able to wake up and walk, and pick up my kids. This supplement really works, I have more energy, and alot less pain. Don't get me wrong, I still have some pain, but it no longer effects my daily functioning. If you have any questions, which I'm sure you will, feel free to email me.

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »
Hello,

I am suprised to see this topic. I received a personal message through facebook of a lady who saw my name by a thal. group and she talked about this. We both don't have thal btw. However, I actually thought it was fake & from a marketing person...
It still seems to me that it is not real though...

Dore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk