PRAY FOR ZAINAB

• 14 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
PRAY FOR ZAINAB
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:13:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am so scared rightnow,i am typing here in the hope that it will distract my mind,zainab ahd fever on thursday, it was only 100 degree F,but i gave her some panadol and sent her for WBC count test , as she is on ferriprox,the fever vanished the next day and the report we recieved was with in normal ranges,on friday she was fine,saturday there was fever again , this time it was 102 degree F, we went to physician and he prescribed some medicine for cough,favaer went away, sunday she was fine, and today she is having a fever of 104 degree F, i am sooooooooooooooooo scared,i don't know what to do, i am goiong to have a full blood count done and trying to finf her heamo ,just thought she'll need ur prayers,

PLEASE DO PRAY FOR HER,

ZAINI

P.S, soory for spell mistakes
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: PRAY FOR ZAINAB
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »
Hi Zaina,

I wish you the best.  Please keep us updated.
Take care,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline jade

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
Hi Zaini,

What is causing Zainab's fever.  Does she have runny nose?
Go to your doctor and try keeping the fever under control by giving paracetamol and by doing tepid sponging.  Usually when my kids have runny noses and fever I give them boiled thym(allow to cool)+honey and it at times hold their throat infection at bay. 

Hope Zainab gets well soon.
Take care.
Jade

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:19:58 PM »
HI Zaini,

It may be necessary to temporarily stop ferriprox until the fever drops and she is well again. 

From http://www.pjonline.com/Editorial/20001014/products/ferriprox_586.html

Precautions: Neutrophil count should be monitored every week. In trials, this has been effective in identifying cases of neutropenia and agranulocytosis, which have resolved once therapy was withdrawn. If an infection develops, deferiprone should be interrupted and neutrophil count monitored more frequently. Patients should report symptoms indicative of infection such as fever, sore throat and “’flu-like” symptoms immediately.

This is very important for all users of deferiprone (L1, ferriprox, kelfer). If there is any infection or fever, the drug should be temporarily stopped.

We will pray for a quick return to health for Zainab.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:36:08 PM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »
Zaini, I agree with Andy.  I would talk to the doctor about discontinuing the Ferriprox for now.

Zainab will definitely be in my prayers, as will you.  I'm hoping for a very speedy recovery for her.  Please keep us updated on her health.   :hugfriend

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:34:02 AM »
Hi Zaini,

Seasons are changing here in Pakistan. It's getting hotter everyday in Pindi, though I don't know about Karachi. Probably it is already summer in full swing down there.

Anyway, I notice that during this changing season here in Pindi, there are a lot of mosquitoes which can cause Malaria with sudden symptoms of fever. I got it too when I was in high school and it was this very season (Matric Exams).

Thalassemics are known to be immune to Malaria and just end up in high fever which gradually settles down with time; but that's another story and we had a healthy discussion about it too involving me :biggrin

Just keep her hydrated and keep those pesky bugs away from her.

Zainab will be in my prayers along everyone else. :pray

Take care, Peace!

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:52:16 PM »
Dear Zaini :hugfriend :hugfriend

I am very sorry to hear about this. Please take good care and consult the doc.immediatly. Both of you are in my prayers. please keep us updated.

Hugs and kisses for sweet Zainab

Manal

Offline ThalGal

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
Get well wishes to Zainab!!! :getwell

Offline Zaini

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »
Hi Friends,

Thanx a lot for your prayers and wishes,i can't tell you how much it means to me,having a bunch of friends who can't see me but they pray for me and my daughter,you people are great. :yes

Yes Andy, i stopped ferriprox at once when zainab had fever on thursday,and tested for her WBC count,people here told me that her pattern of fever (alternate days) was malarial, but i was like, no way thals can't have malaria, bcoz i remember i read it here on this forum in your previous posts,( i remember sajid that u wrote about having malaria urself ) and i don't know but zainab's ICT and MALARIAL PARASITE tests are positive,so doctor has now started her with chloroquine phosphate for the treatment ,i think pakistani thals are an xceptional case regarding thals and malaria. :shy the bad thing is her hb is so low that we'll have to go for transfusion this saturday i.e in three weeks ,so guys, thanx again for your kind words,i wish u all are well.

By the way any one knows what SGPT stands for??

LOVE FOR U ALL. :grouphug

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »
Hi Zaini,

This is the worst time to get sick for kids as it's exam time. Luckily Zainab might not feel the pressure since she is too young. I remember that it was my Physics practical where I puked in the lab because of the Malaria.

By the way SGPT is: Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase, an enzyme that is normally present in liver and heart cells. SGPT is released into blood when the liver or heart are damaged. The blood SGPT levels are thus elevated with liver damage (for example, from viral hepatitis or in our case Iron overload)

Remember to keep her cool and hydrated.

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »
Thanx Sajid,

For this useful information,though i am a bit worried now that why doctor suggested this test for zainab (she didn't give any explaination , as usual  :confused ) now i'll try to get a copy of this report.

THANX AGAIN.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline jzd24

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 01:57:39 PM »
Zaini,
     I am so sorry to hear that Zainab has been so sick. I pray that she will recover soon. It is hard enough to deal with thal, but during an illness it is even harder. You are a very loving parent and take such good care of Zainab. Good luck in staying strong and getting through this. Thinking of you and Zainab, Jean

Offline Zaini

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »
Thanx a lot Jean,

I can't tell you how much your kind words give me stength,Zainab is doing much better now and is back to school , she loves going to school so she was angry with me when i had to send a sick leave and make her stay home ,though it was only for three days :) .May God bless you with His blessings.Amen.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »
Hi,

Good to hear that Zainab is back to school fast. :happyyes

Well, I guess Malaira does not effect Thals. badly after all! :biggrin

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 11:51:45 AM »
Zaini, I hope everything goes well for your child! We will be including her in our prayers. God Bless!  :smileblue
Lei  :heartpink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk