• 16 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
My Wheat Grass Project
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:58:04 AM »
Hi,
   I first heard about Wheat Grass(WG) during the last chat in the MSN forums. I was so excited that I wanted to start it right away! Anyway I got the plain Whole Wheat Grains and made a shallow patch on the ground not more than an inch deep. Just rough up the soil and wet it to make the process easy and it's ready! Then I spread the grains evenly on this patch and covered them with the soil that had been displaced during the previous step. Make this patch even and water it! It should look something like Picture 1 below! (Actually this picture is taken after a few days and you can see green spots where the WG is sprouting) :thumbsup

After a couple of (2-3 weeks depending on the soil fertility and weather) you should have a healthy yeid of WG about 6 inches like in Picture 2. It's harvesting time!!  :yahoo

Just take a handful for the first time, later you can go for more and snip it off with scissors just above the ground and let the roots stay in as you can get another yeild if you grow it in the natural garden soil (like I did). I've put the WG on the plate that comes with a tea set along the scissors to give you an idea of how long the WG should be. See picture 3

Then I chopped the WG in to smaller pieces (See picture 4) to make them more manageable for our blender. Then I put them into the blender and added water just enough to submerse the blades of the blender under water, otherwise the WG will just stick to walls and not touch the blades. Too bad our blender is not transparent white, but it is brown tinted, thus I wasn't able to get a clear picture of that step. Anyway you get the idea what I am talking about!?!?

After a few seconds of blending the whole thing turned into a green frothy liquid which I poured out in a drinking glass. See Picture 5 :yum . The residue in the blender was just clumped up fiber of WG from which, I think the imporant stuff has already been extracted. So I wasted it as it was quite hard and rough (and undigestable maybe)

The WG juice didn't taste that bad since there was water in it and it was quite dilluted, but the smell is the problem. Sure it looks green but it doesn't smell like BRUTE. The best way to drink it is to add flavour syrups to it or just hold your breath while drinking it

Enjoy it! :yum
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: My Wheat Grass Project
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 04:26:36 AM »
Sajid,

Thanks for your report on growing and preparing wheatgrass. This is information that is often requested. The photos are an excellent guide for others who decide to grow their own wheatgrass.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 05:21:43 AM »
Wow, awesome post, Sajid.   :biggrin

I have to start drinking wheatgrass again.  Have you noticed a significant difference in your counts since drinking it? 

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:06:15 AM »
I have to start drinking wheatgrass again.  Have you noticed a significant difference in your counts since drinking it? 

Well, today was the third dose that I took. So far nothing different and no side effects as I also have increased the quantity of the grass to twice from day 1 since the taste is not an issue to me, just the smell which I overcome by simply holding my breath for a few seconds after I have taken the WG juice. I feel no intestinal problem. So far so good!  :thumbsup
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 12:58:32 AM »
hey sajid r u still taking wheatgrass ....?
is it that simple as u mentioned ... ?
and also plz tell me abt the results u got from using it.. got any benefit ..?

i think i m starting again a realy old post but... it is related to my topic of interest thats y i fel to re-alive this post hahaha.... wating for the answers buddy
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »
Well, WG improves the overall health of anyone who needs a boost. However, for Hb. it's more effective in Intermedias and shows improve in the long term.

For me, there wasn't much improvement in terms of Hb. and for the overall health, I was already (and still am) feeling great :biggrin

I just wanted to try out the new thing (for me) that I had learned. It was fun :grin
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 09:35:58 AM »
hi sajid:
thanx for the reply ..
i want to ask that .....
 is it mean that it is not for me bcoze i m a thal (transfusion dependent) or i have to try that (WG) ???...

transfusion dependent i m using it bcoze i dont know wat kind of my thal realy is alpha or beta i dont know
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
Go ahead and try it out.

Who knows. You might actually see some difference.

You can order Super Shots which are more concentrated. Andy and others will guide you where to get it. I think the site was www.drwheatgrass.com or you can try puritan's
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
wat abt the intestine ulcer it will b safe in this case ???.
scared of the pain of that ulcer...
i m   a little affraid to try new medicine .. and thats y post that much questions abt the medicines ....
pray for to find succes finding good medicine ... a good choice ...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:08:25 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
Wheatgrass is not medicine. It is a food. You eat wheat bread? Wheatgrass is simply the wheat grain that has been sprouted a few inches and then cut and juiced. Very simple food. Very easy to digest.
Andy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »
thanx andy for the help...
i want to ask that ...
can i do this all (wat sajid demonstrated ) in a pot ?...
plz tell me about iron in it as it is something green ...??

umair

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »
Wheatgrass juice does have some iron but not much. The tablets have less and the extract has none. Most people who try to use the juice won't stay with it long because it tastes like grass. The tablets or extract are much easier forms to use.
Andy

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
Hi Andy,

Just realised u live in Maldives. Very nice place! Lucky you...  :biggrin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »
Oh, I don't live in Maldives but my heart is there with my friends. I visited Maldives for International Thalassemia Day in May 2006 and fell in love with the people and the islands. Some day I hope to return.
Andy

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »
oh, I hope to visit there too ..one day

The island seems so nice and mysterious. Surprising that International Thal day is held there-is a lot of Thal from Maldives?.

I am currently doing some projects related to Maldives island, and have fall in love with those pictures.....simply beautiful

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk