In memory of my grandfather

• 6 Replies
In memory of my grandfather
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »
My pappou died on Wednesday. His death has hit me like a ton of bricks. In the last two years we joked that we had similar blood tests, only he was in his nineties and I was in my twenties. Needless to say I felt more pathetic and even in that he beat me in his infinite grace. I wrote his obituary here: http://interactive.usc.edu/members/mgotsis/archives/2007/05/panayiotis_poti.html
Please say a small prayer for his soul.

In the last two years he was taking EPO, iron and B12 injections. My aunt who took him to doctors alone wouldn't tell us what the actual diagnosis was. I was only able to diagnose him with macrocytic anemia of unknown cause and decreased kidney function by looking at one copy of tests. I know that he was quite old, but his decline in the last two years was explanable and I just want to know exactly what killed him. He was so healthy and his appetite was amazing. He even had all of his original teeth up to three years ago. He could have lived another ten years. I wish one of us had given him great grandchildren and I wish I didn't have to live abroad the past 12 years which kept me from seeing him regularly. At times like this, regret fills me with guilt.

Over Christmas, I also learned that sometime in his midlife, my grandfather contracted TB which cost him a seat as a judge because of the stigma TB carried in the 50s. In my entire life, nobody ever mentioned it. I just want people to know that secrecy of illness in families is wrong. Various illnesses carry stigma, but I beg you all to tell your children and grandchildren of any illness that runs in your family. That knowledge may one day save their lives or that of their children.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: In memory of my grandfather
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:35:40 AM »
Dear Marientina

I am so sorry for your loss, I will pray for him. :sorrow
May his soul rest in peace

Take care
Manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 04:29:35 AM »
May his soul rest in peace.

May God give the entire family, the courage to go through this loss.

:sorrow

Take care,
May Peace be upon us all.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »
I am sorry for your loss.  I hope that your grandpa had a fullfilling and happy life. 
I wish his family courage in dealing with the loss.   :sorrow
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »
Marientina,

i am very sorry for your loss,i know how one can feel when a loved one is gone.

May his soul rest in peace.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Gabri

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:01 PM »
It's hard to loose a loved person. May God give you the confort you need now. I'm sorryfor your loss.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:11 AM »
sorry to hear also of your loss, i know how hard it is.May your grandfather forever be in your heart & memory. May god give you (and us all) strength to endure such things in our lives.Keep strong always.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk