National Institutes of Health (NIH) Recruiting Patients for Red Blood Cell Study

• 2 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Thanks to Shirley for passing on this information.

National Institutes of Health (NIH) is recruiting patients for a study involving red blood cells.

"Summary:
This study will examine blood for factors that may cause or prevent diseases involving red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to body tissues. A better understanding of these cells may help lead to better treatment of diseases involving red blood cells.

Patients of all ages with red cell abnormalities in the following categories may be eligible for this study:

-Known red blood cell diseases, such as hemoglobinopathies

-Red blood cell diseases of unknown cause, such as hemolysis of unknown cause

-Red blood cell abnormalities with no overt clinical disease, such as hereditary persistence of fetal hemoglobin

This study may offer future generations hope of improved Red Blood Cell Disease treatment.  Participants will receive a physical exam, and standard medical tests that are related to red blood cells.  Participants will remain under the care of their primary health care provider during the study.  All study-related tests are provided at no cost.  Compensation provided.  Travel assistance may be provided.  The study takes place at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, just 9 miles north of Washington, DC. 

Below is a web link for our study."

http://clinicalstudies.info.nih.gov/detail/A_2005-DK-0085.html

Contact(s):
    Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office
    Building 61
    10 Cloister Court
    Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4754
    Toll Free: 1-800-411-1222
    TTY: 301-594-9774 (local),1-866-411-1010 (toll free)
    Fax: 301-480-9793

Electronic Mail: prpl@mail.cc.nih.gov

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Hallu

Wanted to let you all know that I participated in this study. I don't have much to share at this point because I met the group just once and they talked about my history and took some blood for labs.
Also, I was told that they'll get back to me once they analyze my reports...will have more to post then.
I will recommend you to particate if you can as they need volunteers.

Andy and Shirley: Thanks for posting this information here...It really helps. I'm grateful to you guys :)

--Hallu
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:41:20 PM by Hallu »

Offline Hallu

All,
I'm posting a flyer for this study and would ask you to participate if you can. These folks need volunteers.
Its a good way to get yourself evaluted too.

Thanks,
Hallu

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk