Offline mel

anyone from north london ???
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
hey anyone from north london ??
im 24 and have had thal all my life it kinda sucks !!! :wah

Re: anyone from north london ???
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
Hi Mel,
I have lived in north london islington area and went to uch hospital,i was born in sydney australia but my mums family lives in north london and over the years i have been there and lived there,which hospital do u go to?

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
Hi Mel,
i lived in Woodgreen up to recently and was transfused at the Whittington hospital. The UKTS (United Kingdom Thalassaemia Society) office is also in North London and the group there is a fantastic one! You can contact Elaine Miller at the local office.
Anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask.
Roanna

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »
Hi b thal girl,
i used to go to woodgreen shops and holloway all the time! its a small world hey? lol
i like uch hospital and saw prof john porter there,he is a very knowledgable doctor.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Hey Sydney Girl,
It surely is a small world. Now I am actually in Canada! I loved the shopping and independence that London offered though.

I was treated by Dr Wonke/ Dr Shah prior to coming here. The best part of whittington though was Emma prescott who is an absolute angel. She always took care of us no matter how busy she was.

Hoping that Mel is lucky enough to be seen there as well.
Roanna

Offline mel

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:52 AM »
i used to live in oakwood. now cheshunt. we are/were local

i get transfused at chase farm, but im up at whittington all the time. dr wonke is not there any more. but dr shah and emma look after me as best they can.

im actually there thursday.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:55:36 AM »
i know of dr wonke,my brother saw her i knew she was there for a very long time!
small world it is!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »
Well Dr wonke retired and Dr Shah now heads the clinic.

Offline mel

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:53 AM »
yeh dr shar is very good !!! she tells it how it is and tries to help as best as she can !!!! also emma is very good  thay all do their best, im goin to the uch  on the 17th of june to c a doctor walker he is goin to put a line in my chest  :( im now on the baxtors and i have it on everyday gos through 4 20 hours a day !!! my iron levels is 9,000 and its mostly in my heart but slowly its comin down was 12,000 last year !!!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
ive seen dr walker before he is a very good cardiologist.wow ur iron level is high,be sure to take care of yourself mel,all the best :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk