Dependency on F HB Inducers!!

• 2 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Dependency on F HB Inducers!!
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:51 PM »
Hi,

Usually intermedias have the ability to produce small quantity of ''good'' blood which enables them to maintain their Hb. My question is: when taking any kind of F Hb inducers, does this lead to dependency on these drugs? I mean that, does the body lose its ability to produce this ''good'' blood after inducing the F Hb?

For example, if i used the hydra and the body reacted positivly to it and the total Hb increased, if i stopped it for any reason, shall i maintain the same HB i used to before using or it will decrease more since the percentage of A Hb decreased in the body???????????

Manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Dependency on F HB Inducers!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:29:13 AM »
Hi Manal,

Inducers don't make the Hb by themselves. They stimulate the existing system of the body to make more HbF.

In other words it is just like a heavy workout that makes your own muscles stronger (it does not add muscle mass by itself) similarly these medicine make the existing system stronger that makes more HbF.
On the other hand, giving blood transfusions is like providing an alternate. This tends to retard the existing system since it knows that "I don't have to do any work so relax" :rotfl

I don't think these are proper examples but it's the closest thing I can think of :biggrin

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Dependency on F HB Inducers!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:45:33 PM »
Thanks Sajid, that is really clear, i always love the examples you give, they make the picture clear :biggrin

take care :wink

Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk