hassan is on rodex

• 13 Replies

Offline maha

hassan is on rodex
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:53:46 AM »
Hi all
My son is on Rodex too. After reading posts by Micky I decided to try rodex too as dr mathur guaranteed it had no side effects. He has claimed to have cured 60 thal patients with his medicine.The last time i checked his hb level it was 7.1. Dr mathur said with his medicine at first the hb level would drop sometimes even down to 5 and then it would increase and stabilise around 7-10, and as the child grows it will gradually increase.He still has not been able to patent this medicicine. Some organisation is following the development of a few of his patients and in a couple of years he is quite certain to receive a patent. Maybe this is one reason Andy that he is unable to produce any documented evidence.I fervently believe my son too will benefit from this medicine. I will definitely post his progress anyway.
CIAO
maha

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: hassan is on rodex
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
Hi Maha,

Hopefully your son is Intermedia (Remember the reports that you posted) and would benefit from this HbF inducing drug.

I'm just worried about the low Hb levels that Dr. Mathur is willing to maintain. Anyway, please be careful if his Hb keeps going low and stays too low. Don't hesitate to transfuse your child if you feel that the medicine is not working at anytime. It will save you lot of troubles of complications due to lack of blood.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline kabir_love

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:35:25 AM »
hey
best of luck.. and please tell me that your child is major or intermidetae i cant remeber.

but is and as on major cases if dr. mathur is giving the hb inducer that also works? if not then y in my case it worked cauz my son is a major..

regs
micky

Offline maha

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45:11 AM »
Hi Mickey,
Sorry, I couldn`t reply earlier. The past few days I have been in and out of hospital. Hassan is not doing very well. His hb had dropped to 4.6. He needed to transfuse but his wbc`s were exceptionally high at 44000. Two of the most equipped hospitals were unwilling to transfuse without a complete investigation. They also wanted to do a bone marrow aspiration test for which I was not willing. In the end I had to go back to the same hospital where Hassan was transfused earlier. The cbc was repeated and the WBC`S were at 23000 within the acceptable range. He was eventually given 120ml blood. The worrying point is that even after a transfusion his hb is at 6 which is still very low. By the way his post trans hb was checked in an another lab coz his doc said there was no point in checking hb after trans and asked us to come after 4 weeks for his next transfusion. Now to come back to your question I don`t know if Hassan is a major or an intermedia. I was hoping and praying he would behave more like an intermedia but since his hb has dropped so low he is probably a major. By the way Mickey we had talked to the Hyderabadi family whose son is taking dr mathur`s treatment. There son`s hb has dropped to 7.2 after stabilising at 8.8 for quite some time and are taking rodex again for a couple of months.Hope your son`s hb improves in leaps and bounds.
regards
maha

Offline kabir_love

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:55:24 AM »
hi maha.
 you are taking rodex aswell so did you talk to mathur for the tranfusion he strictly says no to the blood transfuion until unless the child is very lazy and reckless as if the new blood is introduce then the effect of rodex is finished and the cycle is finish as what i had seen the other cases of mathur to made the blood trans. so what can i say know as per my child i never made the blood change and i also didnt check the hb just i was seeing the condition of my son and his spleen and other they all were perfrect though i was sure that hb is down. but about 4 months then it stabiliz and didnt went down any furthur.  so you must consulf with mathur for what to do

regs
micky

Offline maha

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:41:37 AM »
hi mickey
Yes, I definitely did consult DR Mathur. Hassan`s spleen and liver were normal, the promblem was his eyes. They were swollen and Dr Mathur himself suggested a trans since Hassan has completed only one month of Rodex.He said it will take another month for hassan to start showing some improvement but also added we do not make it a habit.Mickey, I am really confused. You are saying that you did not check your son`s hb for almost 4 months but you have posted his monthly readings. Please explain.As for DR Mathur he is quite a sport. I had called him in the early hours of morning and enquired if his medicine increases the wbc. His reply was in the negative. Then I asked if Rodex contained STEROIDS , since the use of certain steroids increased WBC. He then reassured me and said he was against the use of steroids and his medicines were pure homeopathic.
bye
maha

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »
Hi,

Just to inform you that homeopathy medicine also have steroids. Usually the one which they say "take this one now" is an steroid while the remaining ones are not. I am talking from my mom's experience of joint pain medicine; things can be different for Rodex or other medicine given for Thal.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 03:26:18 PM »
Hi Maha,

Did the doctors explain why Hassan's white cell count was so high? Did he have an infection or was he sick?

Please do not allow Hassan's Hb to drop below 6. If he continues to drop below 6 he must be transfused. It would also be very beneficial if you can at least for right now, use filtered blood. It's fine to try this alternative treatment, but if Hassan's Hb does not stay high enough on his own, he will have to transfuse. Chronically low Hb will lead to many developmental problems and Hassan's health will suffer greatly.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline ThalGal

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »
We are all hopeful that Thalassemia will be cured, and medical science has and is making great strides as Andy and Canadian Family have stated.

I am, also, all for homeopathic alternatives, but not in place of proper medical treatment.  Perhaps I am just concerned that these medical miracles give folks false hope.   :dunno

Offline maha

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:52 AM »
Hi Andy
The first time Hassan was transfused I didn`t know he was a thal. It just happened so fast.This time we did use a filter. Hassan was given 60ml from the 1st bag and 60ml again from another bag but the same filter was used. Is this alright or should I ask them to change the filter also? As for his high WBC the doc didn`t explain anything, that`s why he is always my last resort. I have fixed an appointment with a thal speciallist this monday. Hopefully she is able to explain.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 06:52:54 AM »
Hi Maha,

The filter can be used for up to whatever amount that filter is rated. For example, a filter may be rated 250 ml, so as long as the total amount of blood taken is no more than that amount, it is fine to use the same filter for consecutive bags.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline maha

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »
Hi Sajid,
I too heard recently that homeo medicines contain steroids to aid speedy recovery. But DR Mathur does not give those sweet pills. I remember gobbling up an entire bottle when I was a kid. :rotfl. All his medicines are German (other than Rodex),with appropriate labels and names. For instance he prescribes ceanothus amer for the spleen. I checked it on the net and it has been labelled as a good homeo medicine for the spleen. So you see he is a much more organised homeopath.
bye
maha

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 08:40:34 AM »
Hi Maha,

Good to know that your son is in good hands.

You are a great parent!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline kabir_love

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
hi.
met with another pateint in dlehi of mathur. taking his treatment it took about 2 years but the hb seems stable in 8 -- 9  level. after talking to them i feel more comfortable.

its just his research though no fully cured patient yet i had met but improvment in many i had seen. lets see what future holds for all.

regs
micky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk