My Huge Forehead

• 5 Replies
My Huge Forehead
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Good Morning! I have a question regarding my excessive bone growth in my forehead. I am 21 years old and I have always had a big forehead due to beta thalassemia major. I was wondering is there anyone else out there with this problem and is forehead reconstruction possible?

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: My Huge Forehead
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Hi

You said in your biography that you transfuse every 3 or 4 months and i think this is a long time in thal major. This could be the cause of this huge forhead as your HB is always low.
Could you tell us more about you, Hb level before and after transfusion, chelation....etc.

concerning reconstruction, i really don't know, someone else could shed some light on this

Manal

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:09:24 AM »
well right now my hgb is 6.9. The lowest it has gone was 5.something. I dont feel tired or anything right now and my doc waits every 3 or 4 months because my iron level is very high which is scary to me because i'm just now understanding all of this. My iron level is 2600 right now!

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:23:36 AM »
Hi miltswifey,

I know that high iron is bad, but low HB is worse!

You should never let your HB go down below 9 or 10. Besides, your SF is 2600 and your talking to a dude with a SF of 8500 :biggrin

Try to work hard on your chelation and keep your Hb in check to avoid such complications like bone deformation etc. I know the time has passed for you now, but all that could have been avoided.

As far as reconstruction is concerned, I personally think that working on the head could be quite risky and should be avoided.

Don't feel bad about how you look. I've always and still do look like a child and never let anyone intimidate me. I just ignore all those nasty comments.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline maha

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »
hi
when the bone marrow becomes over active, it expands and the long time result is frontal bossing.The best you could do now would be to style your hair in such a way that your forehead gets covered. My friends daughter has an exceptionally large protruding forehead (she is not a thalassemiac). A little fringe brought quite a change in her appearance.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
yeah well right now i have bangs and they camoflauge it a little but because its so big i cant help but be afraid everyone notices it too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk