puffy face

• 4 Replies

Offline Alia

puffy face
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
hi everyone
i like to ask   any sugetions u might have as to why sara have puffy face? i had a discussion with doctor about it but she said it might be from the flue she had.i cant help to think it could be from her ferriten.her ferriten is 1200 and she only 21 months old.here they dont give any iron medication untill they are two.she also eats all kind food incloding meat.the doctor said to give it to her to help her with her growth.is that a good idea?please help me with this thank you.
Alia

Offline maha

Re: puffy face
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:06:22 AM »
Hi Alia,
Hassan`s eyes are alittle puffed up especially when he gets up after a long nap. I felt it is probably because of his low hb level.By the way he is 14 months old now.
bye
maha

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
Hi,

If you are referring to the protruding cheek bones, teeth and forehead, then it is due to expansion of overworking bone marrow.

This happens when the child is not transfused on time to give the Bone marrow rest in the early age when the child is growing and the bones are fragile and get easily deformed.

To avoid such a thing from happening, always keep the pretransfusion HB in check and don't let it go down too much.

Take care.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Alia

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
thankss sajid but i alwys make sure she doese get blood on time.they alwys give her blood when her  him is is more 10.and im refering to her face over all.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:55:00 AM »
hi Alia,
my brother who had thal major used to get a "puffy" face sometimes it was fluid retention.If i was you id see my doctor again & check or ask them to do some tests to be on the safe side.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk