Miscellaneous Forums > Older Chatter

First Year Anniversary

(1/3) > >>

Manal:
Hi to everyone, :hugfriend

One year has passed since i first joined this site. I remember that day very well, i was depressed, miserable and lost and not only me, but my husand, parents, in laws, the whole family.  At that time, i was searching for any information about thalassemia, i didn't understand anything and didn't know how will the future be. Everything was vague and unknown and my heart was aching for my son's future.

Day by day when i started to post and receive your replies i felt that i am in good hands, and with people who can support me, inform me and help me at any time and they are not waiting for anything. You guys accept people and help them the way they are.  Many times i feel helpless and stressed and no body gets me out of this mood except you guys. Many many times you answered my questions before the doctors did. Always Andy inform us with many reports, studies information that are ahead to professionals ( this happened with me twice ).  

Through this place i get connected with people who can feel for me and i feel for them. Sometimes i imagine if i didn't find this place, how would life be??? I swear and i am not exaggerating, i would not have the ability to survive and continue, maybe this sounds emotional or a bit over but this is the truth that almost all the people around are telling me. Since i registered in this site, i log in daily even if i don't post, sometimes i talk with you more than i do with my family and all of you became part of my family and many of you are known by name among them. When there is something we don't know, the first thing my husband says is,'' ask Andy''

I have learnt a lot from you guys, everyone here had taught me something that helped my son and me. I appreciate that so much and i am gratful to every one of you and i owe you all a lot and i wish the day will come where i can be of any help to any of you.

I also don't want to forget Lisa, though i never talked to her, but she was able by her deeds to change the life of others like me. Thank you dear Lisa and may your soul rest in peace. You will always and forever be remembered by me.

Thank you all my friends, i wish i can meet and hug all of you and i wish too we can continue our journey togather when comes the day where we celebrate the cure of everyone of us.

Thank you Andy, Danielle, Sajid, Sharmain, Kathy, Jean, Courtenay, Christine, Khalifa, Nur, Sydneygirl, Miaki & Stan, Thalgal, Fahad, Zaini, Micky, Hallu, Shikha Mitra, Manoj, Narendra, Linda Marie, Marientina, David, Shilpa, Vic, Jemma, Vazirani, Katheleen(Oliva's mum), Touta, Miltswifey, Poo gill, Lyanne, Mei Ren, Lei, Namitha, Smurfette, Poirot, Maako, Ayesha, Canadian family, Bostonian, Mustho, Omega, Stephanie, Sally, Gabri, Aston Dialo, Rani Pk, Daniela, Mr Tariq, Maha, Mumtaz, Al, Bobby, Zadkhi, Riya, Akka1981, Siena, Stanza, Wendy.

I hope that i didn't forget to mention anyone. Anyway wish you all the best in the world

Love always
Manal

Andy Battaglia:
Hi Manal and Happy Anniversary!  :yay

I am very happy that you have found this group to be of so much use and I would also like to congratulate you on your recent 500th post.

In one year you have learned so much and now I find that often you ask questions that are so insightful. In fact many of the questions you ask are the subjects of ongoing research. I think you can probably teach the doctors a thing or two at this point. Your dedication means so much for your son and his future. Keep up the great effort Manal. I hope every parent can be as active as you are in their children's lives.  :happyyes

Lisa is smiling down on us. This group is everything she ever hoped for.  :grouphug

ThalGal:
Happy Anniversary Manal!!! :veil

May god bless you, your strength and determination to seek information to understand Thalassemia and help your son the best you can. :clap

Yes, Lisa is smiling upon us.  However, it’s you Andy, your determination and perseverance to keep Lisa's dream alive, that has made this site a plethora of information.   A place many call home.   :bighug

Kathy11:
Hi Manal,
What a lovely letter of gratitude, you are a special young woman and I'm so happy to call you my friend. My life is richer because you are part of it,
You are always cheering me up with your kindness ,the e-mails,  the funny jokes  ,I feel so bless you came into my world across thousands of Miles,thank-you. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Happy Anniversary Manal.
 My wishes to you and your family is that you have .Health. Happiness and wealth.
My Love Always
Kathy :hugfriend

Andy Battaglia:
Hi ThalGal,

Thanks for the kind words. It's pretty cool to be part of something as special as this group. Knowing we have a positive effect on people's lives in very real terms is very rewarding.

Keep reminding us about the TAG conferences. I really need to get to one sometime. It'd be great to meet you again.  :biggrin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version