Diabetes and Hepatitis

• 25 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Diabetes and Hepatitis
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 11:34:30 PM »
Milk Thistle is a common herbal supplement. It can be found at vitamin and health food stores and from online vitamin companies. I don't know what's available in Pakistan. If you have trouble finding a store that sells vitamins and herbs you may be able to order online from somewhere in the Mideast, such as the UAE.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 06:53:13 AM »
.... can u tel me more about onion seeds frm where u get themnhow u take them....

Hi Askari and Ambreen,

I used to believe, that onion seeds were the very common spice with many medical benefits that is known in subcontinent as "Kalwanji کلونجی" but I've found out that they are not onion seed; they are seeds of a herb named "Nigella"

So, Ambreen can you clear my doubts about what you are using. Are you using Nigella seeds or the true onion seeds.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 07:33:07 AM »
Sajid,

I think you are most probably correct about this herb. Nigella is commonly called onion seed along with different names in every language. For a good description of the plant and a list of names in other languages, see http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Nige_sat.html and also http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/nigella.html

As it turns out, the medicinal use of Nigella has been examined in several studies. These studies have shown that Nigella does offer some protection to liver damage.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=13680830&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus

The role of Nigella sativa L. (Ranunculaceae) (NS) and Urtica dioica L. was investigated (UD) in the prevention of carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) induced liver fibrosis and cirrhosis...NS seem to be significantly effective in the prevention of carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity in rats.

This is just one sample of the different studies but each study showed Nigella to have a protective effect on the liver.

Andy

Offline Ambareen

• Treat others the way you wanna be treated
Diabetes and Hepatitis
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »
          Onion seeds are other  wise called as "Caraway seeds" or "Habbaesauda" in Arabic or "Kalwanji" in Urdu it is mostly used in snack called "Chakli" which is a common indian savery, Onion seeds are black in colour, which we made in a powder form, mix it with honey to make a smooth paste and store it in a jar and have a tsp of it every morning before or after food doesnt matter at all, You can have it once or twice a day doesnt matter the dose. And which is easily available in any store. :smiley

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:33:05 AM by Ambareen »
Ambareen... :)

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 11:09:43 AM »
Hi,

Onion seeds or nigella is ofcourse a very beneficial thing for every one,there is a saying of PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H)  that "NIGELLA HAS THE  CURE FOR EVERY DISEASE EXCEPT DEATH",so i am sure it must be helpful,

Wishing you health and joy Ambreen,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
Hi Ambareen

Onion seeds are other  wise called as "Caraway seeds" or "Habbaesauda" in Arabic or "Kalwanji" in Urdu it is mostly used in snack called "Chakli" which is a common indian savery, Onion seeds are black in colour,

I know these seeds quiet well, they are very good especially the oil is excellent for asthma as it was the only thing that had an excellent effect on my brother's asthma. The seeds are also known to increase the immunity of the body and strengthen the memory.

My concern is that i know that it contains iron, but i will check that and let you know

Take care
Manal

Offline Ambareen

• Treat others the way you wanna be treated
Diabetes and Hepatitis
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 07:45:40 AM »
Hi Manal,

Yes, they do have iron in them but i dont think its harmful to as it has lots and lots of good properties in them, If you are regular with your chelation than i dont think that a little bit of it would be of any harm, we can cope up with it, dont u think so?
Ambareen... :)

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
hy hi
wanted to tak to u online but i guess u got disconnected anyways thnx for telling about onion seeds u said u make them owder form mix it with honey then store it it jar.can we get this mixtutre ready made frm market too n r u using it for ur hepatitis n wat is the level of ur serum biluribin since u statred usnig it

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »
Hi Askari,

You can get honey and Kalwanji from any good general store. You can make a paste of it easily in your kitchen. There's no strict ratio  involved just add the amount which you are most comfortable with as these seeds have pretty strong flavour and honey helps making them more palatable and providing benefits of it's own.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 07:56:37 PM »
thnx for ur reaply
will it help to dec the bilurubin level making liver strong

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 10:44:18 PM »
Every study I could find on Nigella (black onion seeds) showed a protective effect on the liver. It is definitely worth trying. It has helped Ambareen and might also help anyone with liver problems.

I wish this information was available when my mother was still alive. Herbs like Nigella and milk thistle might have helped her survive. How ironic that when I was young and my family walked in the country fields, that we regularly picked milk thistle to dry and use as a decoration. No one knew of its medicinal uses.

Milk thistle pics.

Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk