Summer time

• 14 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Summer time
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
Hey guys

It's summer time, no body is travelling, wish any one of you comes to Egypt. I wish i can meet with you

Manal

Offline Hallu

Re: Summer time
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
Manal,

Two years ago I visited Egypt with my family. I can tell you that your country is very beautiful and I loved it so much. Till date it has been the best vacation(though I lost my luggage in the trip).

That time I didn't know you else I would have surely tried to meet you...may be some other time.

--Hallu

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:32:36 PM by Hallu »

Offline jzd24

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »
Manal,
     I wish I could travel to visit you, I would love to meet you and your family. Let's all have a party at Andy's house in New York!   :jumping :friday  Just kidding, Andy. Just what you need with four kids, a business, and all of us everyday. It would be fun, though. Love, Jean

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:43:48 AM »
I would love to see you Manal, and to meet your precious children.
I hope that you are enjoying your summer.
Sharmin

Offline Manal

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »
Hallu, hope that you had found the luggage, i am so unlucky that i didn't know you at that time. Were you in Cairo or other cities??

Jean, i love the idea, excuse us Andy, but one of my great wishes is to meet you

Sharmin, i am sure that both our kids will easily get along, they are almost the same age

:grouphug
You know guys sometimes i think, is it possible to find a sponsor who can help us arrange ''Thalassemia Patients and Friends Conference'' and of course Andy and Danielle will be also the presidents and ............ just dreaming :sweetdreams :sheep

Manal
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:24:23 PM by Manal »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
There were quite a few members of this group present at the TIF conference in 2006. Meeting everyone is my favorite part of the conferences, although I do find the lectures to be very informative. I hope that many of us can make it to the next big conference. Patients can often get some financial sponsorship to conferences so I will try to keep people up to date as details become available for the next conference. Maybe many of us can meet there.

I would love to evolve this group to the point where we could have our own conference, to say nothing about my hopes that some day we can find some funding that could go to helping real patients, as not much of this is being done by TIF. There is a huge need and there is the vision, but the financing and organization are just dreams at this point. We need a wealthy benefactor.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 01:12:15 AM »
I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere....but where and when is the next conference?  I would love to go and to meet as many of you as possible.

Sharmin :biggrin
Sharmin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:13:10 AM »
it would be great to put faces to everyones names & meet up!
Anyone wanting to come to sydney australia?  :wink

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
Hi Manal,

It is possible that we may surprise you next year in summer,my hubby says that we'll plan a summer to go to Syria,Egypt, U.A.E  and Saudi Arabia,let's see what happens,who knows what is written in fate,in the mean time can you tell me if visitors are allowed in Egypt to have medical facilities,like ferriscan,and how much does it cost?I would definitely love to meet you.

LOVE ALWAYS,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »
Andy, what you said is really what i am dreaming of, who knows one day our dream will come true.

Sharmin, if i am not mistaken it is in Singapore, i will check the TIF site and let you know

Sydneygirl, i would love to go there, i saw many pictures of Sydney and looks like a great city, i like too the Opera house, looks great.

Zaini, you can not imagine how excited i am to know that, this is great :yahoo . Answering your question, yes any body can do any medical facilities here in Egypt, i will check about the price and let you know

Manal

Offline Hallu

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:01 AM »
Hallu, hope that you had found the luggage, i am so unlucky that i didn't know you at that time. Were you in Cairo or other cities??

Manal,

Yes, I was in Cairo for 3 or 4 days. Other cities that I visited were Aswaan, Luxor ....then I don't remember in which city is Abu Simbel in. We took a 4 night cruise on Nile which was just awesome.
The whole trip was fantastic!
I did find my lugage but that was after I left egypt...I had to buy clothes there. All i can say is, that egyptian cotton is very good :)

--Hallu

Offline Manal

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 06:31:44 PM »
Zaini, i am a bit late in replying cause i am out of Cairo. As soon as i am back i will know the price and post it

Manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
It's ok Manal,

take your time  :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 02:08:04 AM »
Finally Zaini,i have the reply, sorry for the delay but better late than never :biggrin

Ferriscan is done here by Egypt scan center only and they do it for the patients engaged in the clinical study of exjade done by Novartis. I asked them if they could do it for other patients who are not in the study and they said '' no problem''.

It costs around 1900 Egyptian pounds around $ 345 (today's rate). You have to make reservations 48 hours before and then the scan is sent on a CD to Australia where they analyse it and write the report. This process takes from one week to 10 days.

Hope this helps

Manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 05:57:00 AM »
Thanx a lot Manal,

I hope we'd be able to make the trip and ferriscan both :)

LOVE YOU,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk