New Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers Research

• 7 Replies
New Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers Research
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »
Hi,

This new research (link below) is initially designed to help sickle cell patients, however, this may lead to help thalassemia patients as well. Your comments are welcome.

http://www.healthcentral.com/newsdetail/408/606637.html

Thanks.
Regards.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: New Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers Research
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »
I hope it can be taken orally.

No more TransX, no more iron, no more desferal and no more needles!...*day dreamin* :chill
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Kathy11

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »
This researched article sound promising and it might make a big difference in the treatment of SickleCell and thal
Who knows there might be light at the end of the long dark painfull tunnel.
Thank-you for sharing this valuable information,
Kathy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:14:42 AM »
For anyone interested, the complete study can be seen at http://www.anesthesiology.org/pt/re/anes/fulltext.00000542-200708000-00016.htm;jsessionid=GKsL7QncFYcTTNQTnnRhN3jTp8Q2dHjGTM1SdGv70LFWV2VGDngn!-362743511!181195628!8091!-1!1187654795270

This is one more example of research being done that may eventually change the face of treatment for blood disorders. And it is one more reason to be optimistic about the future.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:39:49 AM »
Thanx for sharing this new info's on us Andy and canadian_ family. I'm crossing my fingers so this would definitely materialized in the future. I'm sure hopeful this would work! 
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:56:08 AM »
I am praying for a cure to drastically improve all of our lives - and the lives of our loved ones. 
Sharmin

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »
Dear Dr. Andy,

Is there any news about DR. A.M Mathur(Homoepathic Doctor of Gurgaon). My daughter is 1.6 ys old and few months back she was diagnosed with Thal Major/Intermedia. She has not been transfused yet as she is maintaing Hb of around 9.6/9.7. I have kept her on wheat grass juice therapy.

Today,I visited Dr. Mathur and he claims that my daughter can be cured. I am too confused whether I should start the medicine (RODEX)recommended by Dr.Mathur or not.When I asked him for some references of the Thal patients whom he has cured,he made excuses and did not provided me with any reference. Please advice me if anyone has who has taken medicine of Dr. mathur and has been cured.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »
Hello Puneetsaluja,

i believe that two members on this forum,kabir_love and maha are using dr mathar's medicine Rodex for their kids,i don't think they are totally cured but they are using it and waiting for results,you might want to PM them.

Regards,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk