christian sick

• 9 Replies

Offline vic

• thal minor with sickle cell child
christian sick
« on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
hi all,
just a quick question.

christian has been sick all week, mild temperature, pain in body especially lower back.

rang haemo and said to stop desferal until he is better.

he has not had desferal now for 4 nights.

my question:  will a week of no chelation make a big difference in his iron levels.  will the iron levels stay stable until next transfusion?  will they increase?  will we have to make up for the lost nights? 

we have been so compliant so i am worried that we are now going backwards.

regards
vic

Re: christian sick
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:05 AM »
hi,
with me when ive been sick and i dont have my desferal for a few days the next time i go in for a transfusion i have noticed my iron level does goes up not by alot but by 100 or 200.But the ferritin level we get when we have our bloodtest if flutuates up & down and isnt always 100% accurrate.The most accurrate iron reading is by having a mri scan & a liver biopsy.
hope christian gets better soon,but i have always been told if you have the flu stop the desferal for a couple days till ur better.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »
Hi Vic,

I am so sorry to hear about Christian,I wish him health and joy,ferritin levels will be effected after stopping desferal,but i don't think that would be a big difference,have you had his WBC count check,i don't know if it has much relavance with desferal but still to be on the safe side,if there is no obvious reason of his sickness,how is he feeling now?i hope he'll be fine soon.

LOVE ALWAYS,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:08:11 AM »
So sorry to hear that your little soldier is not feeling well.

I wish him a speedy recovery :getwell
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Kathy11

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »
Hi Vic
I'm sad to hear that the little man is sick,I'm praying for him ,I hope he gets well soon.A big hug from me to him :bighug

And I wish you lots of strength :flowers :flowers

your support meant a lot to me and I did appreciate   your effort .

It must be in the air ,Ive been down too.could be the change in our weather.Good luck and be strong,
Kathy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 05:23:54 AM »
I wish the little guy a speedy recovery.  A week without desferal won't create any permanent changes.  Once he's regular again his readings will remain stable. 
Sharmin

Offline vic

• thal minor with sickle cell child
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 07:18:52 AM »
thanks guys,
the guilt has eased off.  i feel bad when i do the injection every night but feel so much worse if i dont do it - if you get what i mean.

he is getting there but still has swollen glands and and has not eaten much all week.

thanks again to all of you.  when he transfuses on Monday, it will be interesting to see his ferritin levels.  will keep you all posted.
vic.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »
Hi Vic

Wishing Christian a speedy recovery :hugfriend

Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:42:19 AM »
Vic - I hope Christian is starting to feel better. A few days off Desferal will not make that much difference. Take care - Jean

Offline ChristineGMPEx

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 12:41:02 AM »
I don't understand... why does desferral interfere with recovering from the flu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk