regarding exjade

• 5 Replies
regarding exjade
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »
Hi
Can any one help me? One of my friends son , who is 18 months old is suffereing from thalessemia . As the baby is very small this medicine called desferal , (which is very hard to be administed .)... so the doctor has asked the parents to give exjade a medicine manufactured by novartis. I am in Dublin. The child is in India. In india the EXJADe is not still launched officially. So the problem is that the medicine is available here . But the pharamacist asks for  prescrition which the doctor in Dublin cannot give without seeing the pateint. Can any one of you in dublin , can you buy this medicine (who are suffereing from thalaseemia) and ...money.... I will bear the cost. I have all the details ...mmedical report of the child if you need clarifications. I would be very great ful if some can come forward to help the child and give hope to the family in need. I wuld also appreciate if some could help me with alternative suggesstions.

Thanks
Priya

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: regarding exjade
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
Hello Priya,

You can buy it from City Pharmacy UAE online and tell them to post it to India (If possible).

cityphrm@emirates.net.ae
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
Hi Priya,

Welcome on the forum,now i think that Exjade is not suitable for the kids under the age of two years,i think i read that somewhere on this forum,and plus if exjade is not available in India,there is another oral chelator manufactured in India named "kelfer",the cost is quiet reasonable also,before buying exjade please look into the matter if exjade is prescribed to kids under two years.

Take care,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »
Exjade is not recommended for children under 6. The drug can be prescribed under extreme conditions where Desferal is not tolerable to children under 6.
Regards.

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
Hello, whats kelfer???
And yes it is true carfull exjade isnt good for really young children.
but for adults like me well it really works
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 08:16:36 AM »
Hi Maryoom,

Welcome on the forum,kelfer is an oral chelator also known as L1 or Ferriprox,it's manufactured in India by the name of kelfer.

Take care,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk