importent please help

• 7 Replies

Offline Alia

importent please help
« on: September 13, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »
hi to all
my daughter sara is been having problems with her stomich a while now. she alwys  either have darea or loose poos. it happens more often when eats cheese or banana,its kind of hard becuase she cant tell me if her tommy hurts or not.the doctors did not give any medication for it . can any one with thallassimia major please tell me if its normal for there tomies to be more sensitives to certain foods,also any parents they may have the same problems with there kids? please help

alia

Re: importent please help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »
I don't think Thal Major causes stomach pain specially if certain foods are consumed. How old is your daughter. If she is in the teething age than these are typical symptoms and should not be worried. Stomach ache can be due to number of reasons but thal major is not one of them, just avoid foods that does not suit her.
Regards.

Offline EMommy

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
Our daughter does not experience these problems.  Perhaps, she is lactose intolerant...  I would keep a diary of what she eats and note when her tummy gets upset and then provide that info to her doctor.  Good luck.
Blessings,
Rebecca
Mom to 4- Two Beta Thal Major (chosen)

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 04:59:37 AM »
Hi,

I have developed allergic to milk in it's plain form (I was fine when I was a kid). Now I get the same symptoms as your daughter, but cheese, yogurt and other dairy products are fine with me.

I think it is more of an food allergic problem than being related to Thal.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Alia

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:39 AM »
Thank u all for your replay it helpes alot that her simptims r not thalassimia related.
alia

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »
alia,

from my knowledge i dont think banannas are good for thals.it has a lot of iron.

maybe you can look it up and you guys its not good for you either!

trinigirl saying watch your diet

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »
Hi,

According to USDA Bananas contains 0.26 mg Iron per 100g which is not much. Compared to 8-9 mg of Iron in 100g of Liver.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline anae

• ~*You'll have to make tomorows memory today *~
    • personal weblog (English)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
I am not at thal, but I had and have always trouble with my intestinals. Diarhee or obstipation, I don' t tolerate milk. and I must be careful with what I eat.

I've heard from other DBA-collegaes that they have sensitives tommy's too ;) So maybe there is some relation with getting blood and having trouble with your intestinals.

anae
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
 ~*Anais Nin*~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk