New Here

• 16 Replies
Re: New Here
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
Thank-you so much for all of your replies.

Andy thank-you for e mailing the doc in Italy. I hope she has some advise to give. The only thing I can say about my brother is that his case is unique, every doc has told us that we have to take it one day at a time and see what the future brings, he was one of the first to survive a bone marrow transplant 25 years ago. I guess I am looking for someone that has  a similar history that has gone through what he has and maybe then my brother can really share his feelings with someone who understands and can relate. Having this site is great and I would love it if he would come and talk to you guys but I don't think he will. He's not to much into computers and the web. I've told my parents about the web site and the Cooley"s anemia foundation.

He works in my fathers restaurant because it gives him something to do and he is a great cook. He has had a lot of health issues so he never finished school, it is very difficult for him to find a job.

Again Thank-you so much.

Re: New Here
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
Hi Maria,
It is a long time ago that I was here on the forum. Andy told me about your message.
I have give him my emailaddress, so we can talk about our experiences. I live in Holland.
I was born with beta thalassaemia major and I have had a bonemarrow transplantation at late age ( I was 20 years old).. but it was succesfull, but I'm still continuing with treatment, because  I have some complications due the iron overload..
See you at msn, or email..
Lot of greetings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk