Request for Prayers

• 18 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Request for Prayers
« on: October 05, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »
I am very sad to find out today that a very close friend of Shilpa's family, Chiman, is very ill and that the doctors feel there is little hope. He is suffering from a lung deterioration and his heart and kidneys are also very weak. Originally from India, Chim settled in California but has been a frequent visitor to India. I met him on my first international trip to the thal conference in Pune, as he also could not miss Shilpa speak at that conference. He was very proud of Shilpa and witnessed what was one of the highlights of the conference, as Shilpa's talk set off a very lively discussion among the attendees, including a discussion by Chim in hindi about the important insurance issues raised by Shilpa.  Chim was like a bridge between the different cultures for me, as he knew both Indian and American cultures. It was Chim who also woke a very jet lagged Andy during that conference, as George from TIF has delighted in reminding me. What he did in making me comfortable in India was very much appreciated.

Chim is a very close friend of Shilpa's dad and Shilpa has always called him uncle. I would like to ask that you pray for Chiman and his family and also keep Shilpa's family in your prayers. Please pray for Chim to regain his lung function and a return to normal, and that his family and friends have the strength needed to guide them through this very difficult time. Chiman has always offered great support to Shilpa and showed great support for thals in general with his words at the Pune conference. Your prayers are the need of the hour and much appreciated.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Request for Prayers
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
Chiman & Shilpa's family will certianly be in my prayers.  Please keep us informed of his progress. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:36:58 AM »
I pray that he recovers back soon. :pray

Best wishes for Shilpa and her family.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Kathy11

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »
god bless and gives them all courage and strength.
Kathy

Offline Isis

• Ash and me
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »
 Thank you Andy for your kind words.   
 Since, you have had a chance to meet Chiman uncle, you came to know the kind of person he is, gracious and caring.   A gem of a human being, a self-made man and a very loving person.

He never lost touch with either his roots or all the people he ever knew right from his youth in India.  He gave of himself, his time, his advice and his encouragement to as many as he could all his life.  He has been very inspiring to me too.  Even if, he was having any problems or going through any emotional turmoil he would, still, always have time to cheerup everyone around him.  A very spirited and lively person, he is always there for his extended family and his friends. He is one of the sweetest and helpful persons I ever came across and not just to people that he knew, but even those he was meeting for the first time.

Despite achieving great success, starting from a scratch and becoming one of the best in his fields, he never lost humility or his connection with India, and with any friend rich or poor. He has always "been there" for others, for my dad.

"We are there for you too, Chiman uncle,  praying for your safe return and well-being, to be in even better health than you have been the last time we met you, even livelier and in perfect good health for so many more years to come.  If you decide to do it, you can;  Come back to us please."

Thank you everyone for your prayers, all your prayers and wishes are not just for 'my uncle' but also a very good human being whose absence would mean a great loss to very many people. I shall send your wishes for me and my family too, also to him.  :smileblue  Bless you all.

Love,
Shilpa.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:37:17 AM by Isis »

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »
I wish him a speedy recovery,

May GOD help us all,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »
  GOD HELP THEM AND I ASK THE GOD TO GUIDE THE Dr.S  FOR GOOD TREATMENT
                                                  :pray AMEEN  :pray
                               KHALIFA
RED_PILOT

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
You are in my prayers, wishing you all the best

Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »
I am praying for Chiman, his family, and friends. I pray for strength to face this ordeal, and for hope that things will get better. Love and support, Jean

Offline Isis

• Ash and me
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
It is with a very heavy heart I inform you all that my uncle is no more. Thank you everyone for your prayers. 
My beloved uncle passed away this morning.  I am sure all your prayers helped us all, his family and friends, to bear this painful period of transition, and has prevented me from going into a negative spin.

May God gives us all strength and peace of mind.

A prayer that guides me through the hard times and helps me face the truths of life : the Serenity prayer.

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the Courage to change the things I can;
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

"Peace be with you Chiman uncle.  You will live on forever, in our hearts and minds.

Love,
Shilpa."

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
I'm so sad to hear this :(

May God Almighty give him a place in Paradise and give the entire family the courage to bear this loss.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
Shilpa and Family,

I am deeply saddened by this loss. I know how much Chim meant to you all. He touched me in the short time I knew him as one who was willing to help a complete stranger find his way to India. I knew him as one who came from California to see his dear Shilpa niece speak at the conference and support her words with his own in a passionate talk. I had hoped to again have the chance to meet him but life gives no warnings that changes will come so quickly.

My heart is filled with sorrow as we say good bye to a truly wonderful man.
Andy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »
All my condolences to Chiman's family and Shilpa,

May his soul rest in peace.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Kathy11

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »
My condolences to the Chiman's Family and Shilpa'
May you all be grant with peace and courage at this sad time.

May he rest in peace too.
Kathy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk