Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?

• 221 Replies
thanks all for the warm welcome
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2008, 06:39:58 PM »
It is very nice of all of you to welcome me so warmly.

Curious to know whether any of you take special precautions regarding iron intake and if so, any particular time? Near transfusion? Always?

I welcome any informatin that you may have or that you practice.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
Hi Umair (PS I ediited this post after I realized that you are in Pakistan!)

Online payment from Pakistan if you do not have a credit or a debit card is difficult, since you cannot back a PayPal account with a bank account in Pakistan.

One thing you can look into is getting an "Internet prepaid card."  This is an option in Nigeria, another country from which you cannot open a PayPal account.

@ Lloyd Standish : Internet prepaid card
will you plz tell me more abt this option ... i think it will be easier one ... please tell me the procedure of this option , how it work's ? and how can i send money to you via using this option ??..  ...  waiting for your reply ...

umair
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:15:59 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
Umair, I'll answer your question via private message. -- Lloyd

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
Sure Lloyd ,
i m wating for your PM, abt the procedure ...

umair
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:01:41 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
Andy,

Do you think that my son is ready to participate in this trial?  Or even to begin taking the product?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
Sharmin,

I wouldn't hesitate with carao. We have to remember it is a fruit and not a med. It's safe and very nutritious.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
Hi,

Just to let everyone know,my daughter has finished her first bottle of carao syrup,her transfusion is on 20th september,let's see if we see any changes in her hb level.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »
BEST OF LUCK sis :

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2008, 04:54:11 AM »
:pray praying for you
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
All the best for our little Zainab! 

Love,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
Thanks a lot dears  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
Zaini, we are anxious to know if there was any noticeable improvement in your daughter's blood values, shown by the pre-transfusion blood test on Sept. 20.  Please let us know.
--
Lloyd

Offline Zaini

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Hello,

I am sorry Lloyd,i was just so caught up with Sajid,that i forgot to post here,my daughter's hb after three weeks was 10.2,which is a little improvement,as since last few months her hb reading was not coming above 9.6,it kept coming like 9.2,9.4 or 9.6,but not more then that.

She was transfused,because her doctor said that such little changes doesn't matter,they come and go (he doesn't know about carao ofcourse) ,My husband asked doctor to schedule her next appointment for 4 weeks,he said ok it's your responsibility.

And may be it's better to wait for the next time,as we know there are lot of factors which can effect hb  reading,so i didn't want to jump the gun either and get falsely excited.As her school timings are also shortened while Ramadan,so she was getting more rest,and less hot weather.

Let's see what her hb comes in her next transfusion which is on 18 october,her school timings will also be back to regular after Ramadan,so i think we'll get the real picture.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Posting carao study results
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »
Hi Zaini,
If your daughter's average hb over the last several weeks before carao was average 9.4, and after 3 weeks on carao it is now 10.2, that sounds very good to me!

However, it seems to me that if she finished one bottle by Sept. 20, she must have started taking it somewhat before her previous transfusion, is that right?

As you say, her future results will be more tell-tale.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY
I need to see the following information from all participants:
1. Confirmation of delivery of the carao
2. Date when carao is begun
3. Dose given
4. Age and diagnosis of patient
5. Average hb before carao was begun (the last several blood test results, if available)
6. Results of all hb tests done during or soon after the period of use of carao. Of course, the date of the test(s) must be included.
7. Whether or not any other treatments were started during the period that carao was given.
8. Any extra observations, such as observations on energy level and effects on the overall health of the patient.

In addition, this information needs to be posted by the participant directly to this forum.  It is not acceptable to send the information to me to post it for you.

My suggestion is that each participant make a post to this forum using the above numbered list as a guide.  When new information is available, the participant can add it to his or her post, since members can edit their own posts.

I expect at least 3/4 of our participants to post their results here.  If we do not get this level of cooperation, I'm afraid I will not be able to sponsor any more of these studies.

A forum was already started called "results of the carao study."  I suggest that that forum, rather than this one, be used to record results only (no discussion on the results).  I'll make a post there, repeating these guidelines.  Andy, if you think this is a good idea, you might consider moving the posts that do not contain carao study results off the "results" forum.

Lloyd Standish

Offline Zaini

« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
Hi Lloyd,

Yes you are right,my daughter started carao on 19th August,started with the dose of 2 spoons a day,she had a transfusion on 30th August,her pre transfusion hb was 9.6,after this transfusion i doubled her dose to 4 spoons a day,then after three weeks her pre transfusion hb was 10.2.

She is 7 and a half years old,and though she was diagnosed as thal major in her hb electrophoresis report at age of three,but after a year of her diagnosis another doctor told me that she must be thal intermedia beacause she didn't need any transfusions till the age of three,neither she had any health poblems till then.

As i told you earlier that since last few months her hb was hovering between 9 to 9.6,i'll have to get the copies of blood work from the hospital for accurate dates and readings,which i definitely will.

Her pre transfusion hb on 29th august was 9.6,and on 19th september,it was 10.2.

She is already taking IP6 and Wheat grass super shots.

The difference which i felt was in her last pre transfusion week she generally becomes a bit pale,this was not the case this time,as her hb was a bit increased.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk