DOES ANY OTHER THAL MAJOR HAVE A LARGE DISFIGURED FOREHEAD???

• 3 Replies
DOES ANY OTHER THAL MAJOR HAVE A LARGE DISFIGURED FOREHEAD???
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:09:28 PM »
HELLO FRIENDS N FAM!!! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE VISITED BUT I'VE BEEN WELL!!!! I NEVER SEE ANYONE HERE TALKING ABOUT HAVING THIS PROBLEM AND I WAS WONDERING IF I WAS THE ONLY 1 EXPERIENCING IT???

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: DOES ANY OTHER THAL MAJOR HAVE A LARGE DISFIGURED FOREHEAD???
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »
Hi Miltswifey,

The large disfigured forehead you are talking about is due to the overwork bone marrow has to perform to meet the needs of body due to the defficiency of heamoglobin, thus expanding the bone structure due to the pressure, also called bone deformation, though it can be avoided by timely transfusions right from the beginning,if body is well transfused then bonemarrow won't have to work extra hard to produce red cells to meet the needs of the body .

I hope this helps,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline EMommy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:09 PM »
Perhaps it is not as bad as you might think.
Our daughter's dr said that she has a "bossed" forehead.  Do you have a picture that you can post?
Nobody else notices anything about our daughter's forehead.
Are you receieivng regular treatment?
Blessings,
Rebecca
Mom to 4- Two Beta Thal Major (chosen)

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:11:04 AM »
Hi Rebecca,

You are right,there is nothing much noticeable about your daughter's forehead,and now that she is with you and is getting good care,everything will be fine,and as she'll grow and her face will get broad by her age,this bossed forehead will be adjusted with her features,same is the case with my daughter,her forehead was slightly out,but after she started regular transfusions and now as she is growing no one can detect anything abnormal,(you can see her pic),but i've seen patients with really huge foreheads,and these patients are normally those who are not well transfused,so getting timely transfusions is the key.

Love always,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk