Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Exjade Newsletter.
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

I got a newsletter from "Friends At Novartis" :biggrin

I don't remember subscribing to it. Anyway here it is for everyone else.

The only new thing I found is the swollen throat (text in bold)

Dear Sajid:

Thank you for choosing to receive more information from Novartis. We have some exciting news to share with you. The Web site, www.us.exjade.com, is now live.

Visit the Web site anytime to get in-depth information about EXJADE® (deferasirox) tablets for oral suspension, a therapy for chronic iron overload due to blood transfusions. EXJADE is available by prescription only. It is indicated for the treatment of chronic iron overload due to blood transfusions (transfusional hemosiderosis) in patients 2 years and older. Further studies are being performed to determine the long-term benefits and risks of EXJADE.

You can click here to visit the Web site detailing what chronic iron overload due to blood transfusions is, how EXJADE works and important information about EXJADE. Once you've had a chance to look through it, make an appointment to talk with your healthcare professional to find out if EXJADE is right for you.

Thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Novartis

EXJADE is indicated for the treatment of chronic iron overload due to blood transfusions (transfusional hemosiderosis) in patients 2 years and older. Further studies are being performed to determine the long-term benefits and risks of EXJADE.

Important Safety Information about EXJADE

People who are allergic to EXJADE or any ingredient of EXJADE should not take EXJADE.

Some patients developed severe kidney problems, in some cases fatal, while on EXJADE. Most of the fatalities occurred in patients who were very ill because of their disease. There may be increased risk of complications for patients who already have a kidney condition, are elderly, have multiple medical conditions, or take medicine that affects kidney function.

Before you start EXJADE, your doctor will give you blood tests, because EXJADE may affect your kidneys, liver, or blood. The blood tests will be performed every month to check your kidney and liver function, your serum ferritin levels, and your blood count. If you are at increased risk of complications because you have a preexisting kidney condition, are elderly, have multiple medical conditions, or are taking medicine that affects your kidneys, your doctor will give you a blood test every week for the first month you are taking EXJADE or if your dose has changed, and then every month after that. Your doctor may also collect urine samples monthly. Some patients developed blood disorders while on EXJADE therapy, in some cases fatal, but it is not known whether this was a result of EXJADE therapy or other causes, as most of these patients already had diseases affecting their blood.

Serious allergic reactions (which include swelling of the throat) have been reported in patients taking EXJADE, usually within the first month of treatment. If reactions are severe, stop taking EXJADE and contact your doctor immediately.

You may also receive a hearing or vision test prior to receiving EXJADE and yearly thereafter. Your dose of EXJADE may be changed if needed based on the results of these tests.

Should you develop swelling of the throat, a severe rash, or any hearing problems or vision disturbances, please contact your doctor.

EXJADE should be taken once daily on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes prior to food, preferably at the same time every day.

EXJADE should not be chewed or swallowed whole, and should not be taken at the same time with aluminum-containing antacids (for example, Maalox®).

The most commonly reported side effects related to EXJADE in clinical trials were mainly nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, fever, cough, headache, increases in kidney lab values, and skin rash. These side effects were mild to moderate in severity. If you experience diarrhea or vomiting you should ensure that you continue to drink fluids.

For additional safety information, please click here to see the full prescribing information.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mails regarding EXJADE, please click here or call 1-866-439-5233.

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
East Hanover, New Jersey 07936

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Re: Exjade Newsletter.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »
Nice Article Sajid.
Regards.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:47:17 PM »
DEAR SAJID
               MY QUESTION IS (IS'T OK FOR WHO MADE BMT OR NO ?)
                          KHALIFA
                 ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
RED_PILOT

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 05:45:20 AM »
Hi Khalifa,

I think it depends on how stable his health is now. I think your doctor might tell you better if you should take medicine or not that could add a little stress on his renal system. If he can cope with that then I think it should be a great substitute for him to lower the SF instead of phlebotomy that also lowers his Hb a little bit.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 10:51:49 PM »
Thank you Sajid for your replay but bilive me am not going to ask any one here in my country i got enough figting with them  :mad :catfight , We have in our countries some Doctores they care only to put the Dr. front there names .But am going to ask Professor lucarally when he come to kuwait in the end of november  :pray hope he stay here in kuwait with his team ...
                                            khalifa
                                      state of kuwait
                                one for all and all for one
RED_PILOT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk