Discoloration of skin with Desferal

• 10 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Discoloration of skin with Desferal
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:50:51 AM »
Hello everyone....
Could you please help us regarding this query....
We feel that with the use of Desferal, there is some blackish pigmentation/discoloration on our sons abdominal skin....Does anyone else have the same kind of experience...if so is there any remedy for the same?
Love and luck,
Manoj, Madhavi and Mohanish
Love and luck to all...

Offline red

Re: Discoloration of skin with Desferal
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 07:31:19 AM »
Hi!

is the discoloration formed at the injection site only, or do you see a blackish cast of color over your son's entire stomach area?

red  :heartred

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 06:58:15 PM »
Our son experienced hyperpigmentation at the injection sites on his abdomen as well.  The use of Aveeno moisterizing lotion alleviated these marks greatly. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline red

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 01:52:18 AM »
if they are marks formed at the injection site, in addition to the wonderful aveeno suggestion, i would also compress those areas.  place a towel in warm water that is tolerable on the skin, but hot enough to soothe the site area.  place this on the injection site for about 30 minutes.
results should be drastic, as to complete relaxtion of the injection site leading to an overall comfortable feeling and soothness, and also no discoloration. 

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
I have never had any discolouration of any kind on my skin...I am white as a ghost sometimes....

:rotfl

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:09:39 AM »
thanks Red, I'll try the warm towel with my son as well.  :) Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline red

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »
no problem sharmin! you are welcome! it really helps  :)
i usually did it while watching t.v, maninly so i wouldnt get bored hah!  :popcorn

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 06:23:44 AM »
The hyperpigmentation is at the site of the injection per se. We have begun the use of warm towels and it does seem to help, though 30 mins is a pretty long time to keep it since my son is too naughty to stay in one place for that....but whatever time that we do manage to keep it it has helped and maybe prolonged use of this will help.
Thanks guys.....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline red

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »
GREAT! i'm glad it is helping your son! :)

i've just recently purchased a 'lavendar pillow' ..it has the same effects of the towl in warm water, yet you need only to place it in a microwave (to heat it up) for about 1 minute, and since it has lavendar (and other sents) in it, it goes through the skin to heal it and calm the sensitivity. 

i've been placing it over my eyes when i have dark circles (i call them insomnia circles :) ) and seen dramatic results, and also on my forehead and my headaches instantly go away!

i've also placed it on my injection site and found it soothes it greatly, although i havnt done it for a prolonged amount of time, so i cant give the results of this just yet..

but if your son is not allergic to lavendar or any other herbal scents, than maybe this will be good as well..and he might like the smell :)

good luck again!

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 07:48:45 AM »
Hmmmm.....lavendar pillow sounds like something one could fall for.....insomnia or not!
Lets see if I can find something like that here....till then the warm towel serves some purpose.....
Take care all....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »
We never worried about the blackish pigmentation on the injection site of my daughter, we considered it secondary. Our focus was to keep up with the management of thalassemia.
Regards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk