International Thalassaemia Conference 2008 (Singapore)

• 24 Replies

Offline Eponine

International Thalassaemia Conference 2008 (Singapore)
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »
Hi all

Would like to find out for those whom you think you cant make it for the Conference in Singapore from 8-11 Oct 2008, would you be willing to pay the registration fees but stay at home to watch the web cast of the going ons in the conference.

Would like to find out how popular this option is before we start planning for this option. Do respond k?

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: International Thalassaemia Conference 2008 (Singapore)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 01:03:47 PM »
Hi Eponine,

I'd love to attend the conference in person, but i don't think it'd be possible for us ,and there are so many stupid reasons ,including finances.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
Would the webcast be at a reduced rate? It just can't compare to being there in person and meeting everyone and no lunch! hehe.

I hope the organizers keep the vegetarians in mind for the lunches. There were some complaints in Dubai about the inadequate vegetarian offerings. Hey! We gotta eat too.  :biggrin
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline red

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:03:42 PM »
how much $ would it be to watch the webcast?

cuz if its not too high a price, it's better than nothing, i mean if you cant go.

going would be #1 option, like Andy said meeting everyone and so forth.  (lunches definetly)

but if some cant make it, it would be nice to see whats going on.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 04:34:08 AM »
I'll be there with my bike Harlley davidson with full back bag of food ..  hey guys it's just few days......... even am going to bring a tent for two person i don't mind any body share me .... :wink                                             
                                             khalifa     
                                       state of kuwait
                              one for all and tent for two
RED_PILOT

Offline red

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:35:30 AM »
ahahahahhaah! awsome khalifa! i have harley davidson boots!   :friday

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »
Hi all,

What about the sponsor program? If our Thal. center is directly associated with TIF can they provide a little support? If they can then I might be seeing you guys there as JSF is directly affiliated with TIF and Thal. Soc. of Pakistan :biggrin

P.S: Khalifa, I hope you have a BIG tent! Count me in!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 06:43:59 AM »
that's good news! it would be a great reunion for all of thals. it would not only about the conference but the sense of belonging and real essence of togetherness on that day. we shall have a one day fellowship after the conference,God permits!  BUT THE PROBLEM IS.... finances! cant we not ask assistance from world health organization?or the international organization for thals? maybe we would send solicitation letters to donors signed by the administrator of international organization for  thallasemia? if only I am rich as 5% of the riches of Bill gates I would be giving away folic acids and pumps on that day  :dunno :-\

Offline Eponine

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »
Would the webcast be at a reduced rate? It just can't compare to being there in person and meeting everyone and no lunch! hehe.

I hope the organizers keep the vegetarians in mind for the lunches. There were some complaints in Dubai about the inadequate vegetarian offerings. Hey! We gotta eat too.  :biggrin

We have to discuss further on the rates for the webcast thingy. Right now it's only an idea that has been thrown up. We have to discuss further on how feasible it is.

As for the food, thanks for reminding us about the vegetarian bit. We carnivorous tends to forget about that. But most certainly, the food will be halal to cater for our muslim friends.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
Thanx Eponine,

Though i don't think i'd be there  :(

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 05:47:20 AM »

haha Guess whose idea it was for the webcast. It was a discussion in the Pune conference remember Andy you had come to India first time?

George and Ms. Tuli were in the meeting representing TIF and I was representing MTS thats when I gave them the idea.

Oh my god they listened to me how shocking! haha

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 06:46:34 AM »
Ash, you've been way ahead of TIF concerning the internet, all along. At least the Pune conference was video recorded. I was amazed at the Dubai conference when Shilpa tried to get copies of the tapes of the talks and found out most didn't exist. Let's hope the Singapore conference tapes every single talk and presentation and also webcasts them.

And Ash, even if they listen to you, you know the TIF people will never acknowledge your contributions. You've been an online pioneer and TIF's website is still fairly lame. They just don't seem to have the same appreciation for the way you speak your mind that I do.  :biggrin   That Pune conference was a great experience for me and looking back, there were some very interesting discussions, and some interesting attempts at other discussions. And then, there's some people who just don't like what we have to say. Dr CJ, perhaps.  :rotfl
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »
Lol thats a website I thought it was a poster!

Offline red

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 08:02:08 AM »
i emailed TIF about the conference and what would make good candidacy for sponsorship.  they never wrote back and i sent the email about 3 weeks ago.

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 11:29:12 AM »
Dont expect a response. Talk to your local thal assoc they would have all the details. If not they will get a reply quicker than you will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk