Hi All, I have two important things

• 13 Replies
Hi All, I have two important things
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:58 AM »
Hello All,

First, I would like to say I pray everyone here is at least ok.  On Dec 7, I lost a real good friend to sickle cell anemia.  She too had joined this site but I don't know what her user name was.  Her name was Cherilyn Toni Thrope.  I will never be the same, she had just got out of hospital went to bible study then emailed me a sermon from the senior Olstien, actually his last sermon and went to bed. She never woke back up. 

Secondly, while I have so many problems with being correctly diagnosed its funny because my son
just had a son 3months ago and he is in a bi-raciial relationship, now if me or my son have nothing please explain how the baby got sickle cell when his mom is white.  Funny huh?  My childrens father don't even have the trait.

Anyway, here in Tx the weather keeps changing from very warm to very cold so I contiune to feel bad with sievere make you cry pain. 

Thanks so much for listening everyone.  I will contiune to keep you all in my prayers but things have been so emotionally draining for me . I have lost three love ones in six months.

Much Love....Meme

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Hi All, I have two important things
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
Hi Meme,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

It's a thing we have to deal in the process of life. May you find the courage to bear your loss.

:sorrow
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »
Hi Meme
      Am so sorry for your lost hope you pass all that bad time my pray for you   :sorrow

khalifa
                                  state of kuwait
                              one for all and all for one
RED_PILOT

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »
Hi Meme,

My condolences to you on your recent losses.  :sorrow

Meme, I'm not sure I understand, as your tests did show sickle trait. Have you seen another hematologist yet? You have so many symptoms that can't be explained by sickle trait alone. I hope you can find some answers and think you might not get an answer unless you have DNA testing.

Best wishes to you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Moik

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 05:17:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about your troubles

Music has helped me through alot of bad times..send me a private message if you would like and I can recommend some artists and songs

stay optimistic!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:25:52 AM by Moik »

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 05:26:55 AM »
Thanks all,

Andy, I have always been diagnosed as sickle cell disease the problems stem from asking for an exact type.  I have extensive records and have even been shown how bad I was sickling at one time.  My point is I was diagnosed at 11 yrs old if I have nothing and my spouse had nothing how on earth did my sons newborn get sickle cell and he has had the dna and paternity test.  Andy I appreciate all your help but just let it go I'm not going to worry about it.  The good thing is the hospital that I go to have done the test over and over and it comes back positive everytime. So I have no problems getting treated at least most of the time.  I have had a port for years by advice of a doctor.  It seems that all labs function differently  therefore, recieving different results.  I  just cannot let this take my life over some results that may or may not be correct. I have had seizures, heart attacks, heart block, tia's pnemonia x3 and infections of unknown orgins . You know what doctors say it's the sickle cell.  

Again, much love to you for all your help but I am sincerely tierd now and just live day by day with a lot of prayer.   I think the answer lies within my 3 month old grandson who has sickle cell.

Thanks so much,  You're a wonderful person  you really helped me a lot.

Much Love....Meme

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 05:28:33 AM »
Thanks Guy.....Funny music has been my life too we probaly can send each other some titles....lol

Much Love....

Offline vic

• thal minor with sickle cell child
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 06:07:41 AM »
hi meme,

sorry about your lss.  my son has sickle cell.  both my husband and i are white. in fact i am blonde and green eyes so it does happen.  my husband is italian background and never knew until the age of 40 that he has the sickle cell trait. 

i dont understand that you dont know how your grandchild has sickle cell.  if you have it, then your son could have the trait and his partner could have an abnormal haemoglobin such as thal minor and their child has a combination of the two traits which manifests itself as sickle cell diosease.  that is what happened to our son.

do have regular transfusion?

do you know what happened to your friend?  was it hear problems, stroke?  as these are issues with sickle cell patients.

regards vic

Offline jade

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:10:07 AM »
Hi Meme

I send you my condolences for your losses. It is so hard to lose a loved one.
Regards
Jade

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Meme.  :sorrow  Please accept my sincere condolences. We are here for you.   :hugfriend

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 01:26:31 AM »
Hi meme sorry for your loss :quiver I know that losing a loved one can be hard I can relate to that but I hope you continue to be strong  :hugfriend welcome to the forum
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 05:16:39 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about your losses Meme3800.
I hope you find the strength to get through this - and I wish your grandchild good health.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nannu

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »
HI meme,
   sorry to know about your perfsonal tragedy .may the spirit of your friend lies in peace , be optimistic and i hope you'll stop counting the days and will be there for each one of u s to give us a broad  :biggrin                                                                                                                                                                         
Hello All,

First, I would like to say I pray everyone here is at least ok.  On Dec 7, I lost a real good friend to sickle cell anemia.  S  he too had joined this site but I don't know what her user name was.  Her name was Cherilyn Toni Thrope.  I will never be the same, she had just got out of hospital went to bible study then emailed me a sermon from the senior Olstien, actually his last sermon and went to bed. She never woke back up. 

Secondly, while I have so many problems with being correctly diagnosed its funny because my son
just had a son 3months ago and he is in a bi-raciial relationship, now if me or my son have nothing please explain how the baby got sickle cell when his mom is white.  Funny huh?  My childrens father don't even have the trait.

Anyway, here in Tx the weather keeps changing from very warm to very cold so I contiune to feel bad with sievere make you cry pain. 

Thanks so much for listening everyone.  I will contiune to keep you all in my prayers but things have been so emotionally draining for me . I have lost three love ones in six months.

Much Love....Meme
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:24:47 PM by Andy »

Kathy11

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »
Dear MEMEE.
I'm sorry to hear about your friends, I know it can, be hard emotionally. my sincere condelences and may have courage and strength to go on. :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow

I often think that one day I might not wake up from my  sleep I also have sickle cells the pain can get so bad,I struggle with very high blood pressure ,I'm trying my best to maintain a healthy living

I am not frightened, but i'm really concern about the possibitility of dying alone.

therefore I feel for you and I hope the grief of losing your friend doesnt affect you too muchwith much love Kathy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk