HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

• 20 Replies

Offline Lena

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »

Sabah al her Manal.
Kaif al hal?Ana aalamtou al arabi maa moalem misri , oualakin ana afham al fosha, la al aameyia. Ana saoufa atakalam fy al inglezi al'an oua kol shahs yiafham.

In Greece there has been clinical studies in 3 thalassaemia major patients and it was announced in the Panhellenic Haematology Conference last November that they are now in the level of evaluating the stem cells they took.

You see Manal, in phase A patient is made to overproduce stem cells so that it is in those cells that the gene will be inserted(phase B).

Andy,

Nothing else is known, nothing is published   
Things go slowly in Greece but what about France? I have heard or read - I cannot remember-that phase two was completed there with three patients.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »
Waw Lena you speak very good Arabic :thumbsup, i am really amazed as Arabic is really so difficult, but why were you interested in Arabic?

Anyway thank you for the reply and hope things would go much faster.

Shoukran ya lena  :wink

manal

Offline Lena

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 08:01:33 AM »
 Hi Manal,

I have sent a message to answer your questions 2-3 days ago but I cannot find it anywhere. Maybe I post it wrong. I even talked to you arabic in the beginning, as I have been studing arabic for seven years with an egyptian teacher.

Well, you see phase A in Greece consists of taking the thals (3 now) and by medication and special diet make their body produce stem cells which doctors get and try to evaluate.
That is the point we stand now. Then they have to insert the healthy gene to the red cells they took and back to the patient to see what happens.

Andy,

I know there is no publication yet. But have you heard where things stand  in France?There phase two has been completed.

Offline Lena

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 08:16:22 AM »

Hi again Manal,
I just traced my message and your reply so do not take notice of my previous message.
As to your question about arabic: I love oum kalthoum and naguib mahfouz , I have been to Egypt twice, last was this summer for some lessons in Alexandria and I have been to other arabic speaking countries as well.This means I am enchanted with arabic culture.
In Greece I translate arabic literature for a big publishing house. I have translated Gamal al Ghitani which I consider a great author, now I am in the middle of translating a book by Sahar Khalifa "rabaa har".

Salam,
lena

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 02:11:28 PM »
Hi Lena :hugfriend

I am really soooooo impressed and by the way loving oum kalthoum and naguib mahfouz  means you are a true Egyptian :biggrin.  I too love to go tol Alexandria and i love the old Greek restaurants there. Anyway i am so pleased to know that and i hope one day we could meet when you visit Egypt again

Much love to you
Manal

Offline Lena

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »

Shokrun Manal

for your kind words. Insallah we'll meet one day.

ma salama,
lena.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk