question about profile

• 4 Replies

Offline hippievamp

• taken on my 30th
question about profile
« on: January 07, 2008, 06:53:45 AM »
I was just wondering how or when my profile"position" will change?  It states that I am a new member,  I have ben coming here for quite sometime although this screanname has only been registered since 2006, I used to even go to the old site.  I have since forgoten exactly why I had to re register I either couldn't remember my exact screenname or the pasword, it may of evean had to do with a new e-mail address but anyways i do know ive always been registered as "hippievamp" being in the screenname somewhere.

Anyways i'm rambelling as usual sorry- so my ? was how to change from being a "new member"?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: question about profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:10:43 AM »
The default settings are below. The member level is determined by number of posts. I think I will lower the threshold for active member to 25.

Name     Stars     Members     Required posts     
New Member    *    824    0    
Active Member    **    14    50    
Junior Member    ***    11    100    
Senior Member    ****    6    250    
Supreme Member    *****    4    500    
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
do you have to initiate the post or does a reply count?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:14:23 AM »
All posts count, whether a new topic or a reply.

I do wish there was some other way to classify members, as hippievamp is right. She has been a member from long ago on MSN. Some members date back to Lisa's old Yahoo site. I do hope the lower threshold for active member does provide some solution. I know there are quite a few more active members now than there were yesterday.  :wink
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:44:47 AM »
Hi,

What I've seen on other forums (software or entertainment related), the rank system is only useful in them where certain privileges are to be restricted such as a special access to certain topics or download privileges etc.

Our forum has nothing like this so there is nothing to worry about the rank system. Everyone is allowed to post and create topics; so it doesn't matter if you are a New or Supreme member.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk