In Memoriam : Ashish, my comrade, my kindred spirit.

• 46 Replies

Offline Narendra

Re: In Memoriam : Ashish, my comrade, my kindred spirit.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 05:43:12 PM »
I am shocked. Ashish was the first Thal(Major) whose story I read (on his thal website) and got comfort from his posts and feelign that - "Yes, Thals can live" (Note: - I had no idea what Thalassemia meant when I was reading his post and I had got some words like Thals only live in their teens). This is the same story Andy has posted in this post. Those posts made me think completely positive and I started following his posts and infact I had him as a hero in my thoughts. I did try to get in touch with him while I visited India, but somehow could not meet him. What he and Lisa have changed is: - They made the thal’s come closer (through the Internet) and understand that Life does NOT stop with their thal and that thals can fight it out with will and determination and enjoy life.

Thals, who are/were in their 30s did NOT get the treatment what today's newborns or toddlers are getting. They were left to the mercy of their doctor's trying to figure out what it is and mind you these are/were thals in countries where NOT much medical advancement was done (in 1970's and 1980's). Not only, did these thals guide the younger thals but they also got themselves Experimented (I really did NOT want to use this word but that is the reality) and I think today’s thals should be grateful for what Ashish has done for the thals around the world. Awareness was close to none, when they were born and Iron Chelation was Unknown. Desferal was unheard. Kelfer came in later and as Andy has mentioned Ashish was a Kelfer user since a long time

I also think the parents of Ashish were a huge impact on his life and I salute them. Always being asides with Ashish. Hats off to them and Ashish.

I know his soul will rest in peace as he has done what he could and what he leaves behind is a legacy, which as Andy has mentioned needs to be taken forward.

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »
I hope that Ashish parents can take consolation from the amount of patients that he has been able to reach and support. He will always be remembered for the way he could get through problems with a smile.

Narendra is right in saying that the younger people will not have most of the problems we all faced in our earlier years and to pioneers like Lisa and Ashish we will continue to keep you in our hearts.  Please keep looking over us and lobbying for us in your new pain free and problem free universe.
May God continue to bless you.

Offline maha

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 06:09:54 AM »
I am shocked. Ashish was one person whose name was frequently mentioned in the iron chelation corner.My sincere condolences to his family and friends. May his soul rest in peace.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 07:23:08 AM »
my sincere condolonces to ashish's family & close loved friends,
from all the posts i have read he was a special person,who was liked
by so many,and to hear of his passing makes me sad also,anytime i hear
of a thal person passing it touches a spot in my heart,sometimes life seems just
so unfair.I didnt know him personally,but i know his special memory will live on.
i just read also someone posted they liked reading ashish's posts in the iron chealtion
corner section what name did ashish go under as id like to read some of his posts.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:28:56 AM by sydneygirl »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »
Ashish can be found by searching for Ash. Or see his profile at

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?action=profile;u=8
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Isis

• Ash and me
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
Owen Mark - Child   

Sleep peacefully now my child
I hope that you go away
To a place where your dreams can Play
Wipe all the tears from your eyes
There is a sky of blue
This is your time of truth
Like a bird high on the wind
May you fly away
Like a snowfall in the spring
May your cares melt away

Child, innocent child
Our hope lies inside, your starry eyes
My innocent child
Hero now that you are free
You have no need to fear
So go out and find your smile
Like a candle in the stream
May you float away
Like a feather on the breeze
May you blow away

Child, innocent child
Our hope lies inside, your starry eyes
My innocent child
Like a candle
Like a snowfall
Like a feather
Like a bird, fly away
Like a candle
Like a snowfall
Like a feather
Like a bird, fly away

Child, innocent child
My innocent child
Child, innocent child
Fly away
Child, innocent child
My innocent child
Fly away
Sleep peacefully now my child
I hope that you go away
To a place where your dreams can play   

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »
In loving memory of my dear friend Ashish (Ash)

You left without a goodbye, you have broken so many hearts including mine. I am devasted. I will miss you, you will be missed so dearly but never forgotten. Our chats were so deep and i thank you for coming into my life. Please if you see my Stan tell him i miss him heaps and you both take care until we all meet again.

Miss you Ash, please take care and remember Australia loves you.

Love always Mama San (Miaki) xxx :wah :wah :wah :wah:sorrow

Offline EMommy

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »
Oh my goodness.  This is so terribly tragic and sad.  My heart goes out to his family and especially to his mother. As a mom to a Thal girl I cannot imagine her grief. 
May he rest in peace...
Blessings,
Rebecca
Mom to 4- Two Beta Thal Major (chosen)

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »
This came as a shocking news to me. I had met Ashish only once in my life which was during the Pune Conference and he was a very cheerful person. I think we all need to learn the things that he indirectly taught us with the way he lived his life! He had a lot of complications but never did he let others have a hint about the same and I think he has really gone through tough times in his life. The younger thal generation have a lot of better medical facilities and we can try and live life in a better way with treatments of the modern world and an attitude like Ashish towards life!!!
I hope God gives strength to his family and friends to come in terms with this bitter reality. I also pray for Shilpa, my friend, who was very good friends with Ashish. May god bless her with courage and strength!!!

Offline poo gill

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 05:30:16 AM »
I am shocked, no words are coming to me!

Ashish was a true inspiration, his posts were really helpful. I was looking forward to meeting him in the Tahl conferene to be held in S'pore.

He has left a void in our lives.

I am sure God is looking after Ashish.

May his soul rest in peace.

Puja

"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »
I am returning to this site after months of hibernation. Oh God! I can't believe that Ashish is no more. His life was always an inspiration to the rest of us. I still remember his website mozzybytes. He will be terribly missed  :wah

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »
I'm very very shocked to hear this very very bad news !!!! I'll never forget Ashish! I met him in october 2007, when he was for business in Holland. I went specially for him to Amsterdam by train, to see him. He was waiting for me at the trainstation in Amsterdam. ( I live 150 km from Amsterdam) We walked together in the streets of Amsterdam and ate together in a restaurant. He gave me a present, he had bought in India. A bracelet and earrings. I will keep it forever..very big remembrance for me. It was quite pleasant to met him.  He made a cheerful impression. He didn't look sick, so I didn't know that he was so ill. He had big plans to live in Holland, getting a good job. O my God, why didn't you make this dream true :( It is unbelievable that Asshis passed :( I'll never forget him. It was a very pleasant time, can't forget that!! My condoleances and best wishes to the family and all friends of Ashis. (Sorry for my bad english)
Rest in Peace, Ashis...

Elmas

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:01:10 PM by MELIS »

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:43 AM »
I am shocked to hear this sad news, All that time we were thinking that may be Ashish was busy and not coming to the board. My wife is very upset right now finding the news. Our first introduction to Ashish was through his web page, we read his story when we were frantically googling trying to find some comfort when our daughter was diagnosed.

He was a wonderful person and I enjoyed his sense of humor. We are in awe finding that he is no longer with us. Ashish last post in our memory was when he offered his help to investigate more on a new treatment in India.

Our condolences to his family and friend.
Regards.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:48 PM »
My grief knows no words.

Live in Peace, Friend.

Poirot

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
Andy,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend earlier this year.  I don't know how I missed this thread earlier.  I also miss Ashish - he seemed to be doing so well!  What could have happened?  He seemed to be chelating and taking such good care of himself.  Did he have any predisposition such as hepatitis that took his life early?  His page was one of the first pages I read when I joined this site - he seemed like such a happy peaceful person.  I am so sad for his family - there are no words.
 :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow

Sharmin

Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk