Exjade in India

• 64 Replies

Offline Poirot

Re: Exjade in India
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Let's spread the word so that all Indian patients are aware of this option.  :happyyes

Absolutely right ...... I have not heard about it in Mumbai yet ..... unless they have just launched it in Kolkata to see if the distribution system is working?

I can't find it on their website either ..... but I can't find Kelfer either, so that may not mean anything.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Poirot

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »
You  may try this address in Mumbai

Company: Cipla Ltd.
Address: 289, Belassis road, Mumbai Central, Mumbai
City: Mumbai
Tel: 00 9122 3082891
Fax: 00 9122 3070013

Cipla's Calcutta address is:

5,Kustiya Road, Picnic Garden, Kolkata, 700039, India
+91 33 23435169

I know the availability of Desirox in Calcutta for sure

Absolutely right ...... I have not heard about it in Mumbai yet ..... unless they have just launched it in Kolkata to see if the distribution system is working?

I can't find it on their website either ..... but I can't find Kelfer either, so that may not mean anything.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Poirot
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »
Write-up and images on Cipla's site:

Patients with chronic anaemias such as thalassaemia, sickle cell disease, congenital rare anaemias and myelodysplastic syndromes require regular blood transfusions in order to improve both quality of life and survival. Humans are unable to eliminate the iron released from the breakdown of transfused red blood cells and the excess iron is deposited as haemosiderin and ferritin in the liver, spleen, endocrine organs and myocardium. The accumulation of toxic quantities of iron causes tissue damage and leads to complications such as heart failure, diabetes, hypothyroidism and liver failure. Morbidity and mortality in regularly transfused thalassaemia patients are due primarily to the effects of iron overload rather than to the underlying disease.

Iron chelators mobilize tissue iron by forming soluble, stable complexes that are then excreted in the faeces and/or urine. Although desferrioxamine has been available for the past 40 years, its poor oral bioavailability and short plasma half-life necessitate parenteral administration and prolonged infusions. Further, therapy was expensive and cumbersome, and led to significant non-compliance.

The introduction of the world's first oral iron chelator, deferiprone, by Cipla in 1995 revolutionised the treatment of iron overload, and brought the benefits of oral iron chelation  therapy within  reach of thousands of patients globally.

DESIROX ( Deferasirox) is yet another breakthrough in oral iron chelation therapy. Its once-daily dosing and availability as a dispersible tablet are unique features, and represent an important advance in therapy.
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »
Impressive
:clap
Hats off to CIPLA :stars
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Re: Exjade in India by Cipla
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
  :hugfriend  :dunno :dunno
 i am very glad to know that cipla bring exjade for us.We hope that it will be cheaper like Kelfer

Offline Poirot

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 05:40:02 AM »
Cipla has launched Deferasirox in India, through a soft launch - probably to stave off action from Novartis for as long as possible. They have not publicised this launch much and only haematologists treating thals or in touch with Cipla are aware of this development. It may not be available through prescription at your blood banks, at this moment (it is not at my centre) but will be available from your haematologist.

All in India: Please contact your haematologist if you can not tolerate Kelfer and ask for a prescription.

Pricing: Significantly cheaper than Exjade/Asunra (cheaper by about 65%) but more expensive than Kelfer (50-60% more), for a dosage of 30mg/kg vs 75mg/kg of Kelfer. However, you will be starting off with a lower dose, compared with Kelfer. However, the good news is that Kelfer prices have come down over the years, as the government has reduced duties to zero and I would expect the same to happen with Deferasirox.

Poirot
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 05:56:14 AM by Poirot »

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Some people are saying that Cipla's Deferasirox is inferior in quality as compared to Novartis's Asunra (Exjade). Is that correct?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2008, 05:57:44 PM »
I wonder at this point how anyone would even know. Cipla's version has been on the market a very short time. It doesn't seem long enough for any comparison to have been made. Do you know who is saying this and what they are saying?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »
Employees of Novartis's distributor. It could jolly well be a rumour.

I wonder at this point how anyone would even know. Cipla's version has been on the market a very short time. It doesn't seem long enough for any comparison to have been made. Do you know who is saying this and what they are saying?

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
:mad

The nerve of those people!

I trust Cipla more than Novartis! After all Cipla cares more about the patients than patents; while Novartis only care$ about ca$h and wants a monopoly in the chelation business.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
It is the only CIPLA who can understand the grief of the children and suffering from Thalassaemia and the agony of the treatment

Out commitment towards thalassaemic patients ----TIES OF BLOOD

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Without the efforts of Cipla, thousands of Indian patients would not be alive today.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »

PRICE COMPARISION

DESIROX    CIPLA

PRICE / TABLET                  PRICE AFTER FREE UNITS

DESIROX 500   40 Rs                           30 Rs
DESIROX 250   24 Rs                           18 Rs

ASUNRA       NOVARTIS

PRICE / TABLET                    PRICE AFTER FREE UNITS

ASUNRA 400   140 Rs   
ASUNRA 100   50 Rs   

DESIROX
               1/4TH
                                                                The prohibitive cost of Asunra

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:32 AM »
I wish CIPLA starts exporting it to Pak. soon :sigh
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »
Hello all
For all those who are in India and are in need of Desirox (Defirasirox) marketed by Cipla please visit http://www.aplasticanemiaindia.co.in/desiorox%20cipla.html.

Pavithran

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk