gday

• 23 Replies

Offline scarface

gday
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:16:45 AM »
hi everyone
I'm a thalassaemia patient from melbourne, Australia. I'm 30 years old, my name is john and i have joined this site to meet all you lovely people!  To meet fellow brothers and sisters in da wood from down under!  As I am fighting back these kangaroos in my back yard, I am quickly writing these messages.  Oh my god! They're going to eat us!  Have a look at this yellow bellied black snake under the rock! 
Meanwhile... what was I saying?
I am a fanatical Scarface fan. I enjoy going out with my friends and having good times and meeting new people.
Love
John.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: gday
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »
Good to have you here! You will find a lot of people from different places of the globe, here in this site!

You can read everyone's experiences with Thal. which will teach you a lot about the disease.

Please feel free to submit your adventures while telling us how you are dealing with Thal. as I am quite interested how you manage all this activity with Thal.

Hope that you've caught that marsupial  ;D
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:48:14 AM »
Well a g'day to you too John,

Hope you enjoy your time here on this site!!

Well I hope that the yellow bellied blak snake was caught and didnt bite you in any place specific!!!

I also hope that you fought away those kangaroos!!! Were they the greay ones or the red kangaroos?

:rotfl

l :wave
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:58:32 PM by Andy »

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »
CRIKEY!

YOU GOTTA COVER THEIR EYES..
LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED A HAND WITH THE KANGAROO PLAGUE...

MICK DUNDEE - THE CROCODILE HUNTER FROM DOWN UNDER

Offline floWer

• Person with Thal Major
  • There's an answer if you reach into your soul
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »
LOL  :rotfl

All jokes aside. 

Few months ago I had a red male kangaroo who was on heat chasing me in our back yard...   

I called the ranger and he wasn't in town to help.  Next time I know u guys could help.. 

BTW Welcome John

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »
Hello Flower,

That must have been a traumatic experience for you..being chased by a red kangaroo...

I hope that you got rid of the roo!!!

Oh yeah John welcome to the group...

Offline floWer

• Person with Thal Major
  • There's an answer if you reach into your soul
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »
It was more traumatic trying to explain to a 2 year old why the Kangaroo kept touching it's hmmmm  Leg..

However it's still lazying around our gum trees.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
It was more traumatic trying to explain to a 2 year old why the Kangaroo kept touching it's hmmmm  Leg..

:rotfl

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:31 AM »
Hi John!  Welcome to the group!  Glad to have you here with us!   :wave

Offline SalD

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 10:58:48 AM »
Welcome John!  I hope you find this site as useful as I do!

Actually... should introduce myself to the rest of you instead of sneaking around so much...  :sneek

My name is Sally and I am a community educator working for the Thalassaemia Society of Victoria. I started visiting this site to gain a patient's perspective of thalassaemia, and found all the information invaluable!  Nearly every person who makes an enquiry about thalassaemia we refer to look at this site - especially people who have just found out they are thal minor or major.  Now I feel like I know you all as you are all so open and sharing!  So no more  :sneek !!  I will be open too!

Thanks to Andy and Danielle for running such an AMAZING site.   :five :five

Cheerio!

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »
Welcome John to the site and I'm sure you will bring alot of laughs here as you do in my real world.

Flower.....Good to see you here also and hope to catch up soon.

Aston Dialo......I hope to see you in the next week when I come to visit in your home town.

Sally.........Welcome officially to the site and thank you for being there for me and my family. You've been great.

Love to all ........Miaki :)

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 03:40:57 PM »
Hi Sally,

Thanks so much for posting all the information about thal treatment in Australia and also a great big welcome to our group!  :biggrin
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Irfee

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »
Hi gday.
How are u?I hope u are fine.I m Irfan from karachi Pakistan.I have a baby girl Maira,she is just three years old and unfortunately she is a Thalassaemia Major baby.We are trying our best to treat and care the baby.I m new to this site and i hope together we can fight the challenge of Thalassaemia.
Irfan

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 03:38:53 AM »
CRIKEY!

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 12:33:38 AM »
Gday Mite,

All this kangaroo stuff prompted me to take a look at Pubmed. Two abstracts (there are plenty more) correlate to the Erythrocyte Morphology thread.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk