Highest HB Level so far!

• 3 Replies

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
Highest HB Level so far!
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »
 :biggrin

Hi guys!

Well i did manage to get the wheatgrass (powder form),, the problem is to get my son drinking it (does not taste good though!),,,

I got him to drink at least 3ml a day,,,twice a week! The thing is, i dont know whether its the wheatgrass that is making such a great effect or else. The reason being is that, for the past 2 weeks i left my son with my inlaws as my wife will not be around for another 4-5 weeks or so! At my inlaws, there are a few other kids around that makes him lively, plays a lot, and i would say he eats more often!

Anyway, I'm trying to get the details on what he has been eating etc just to make sure that his HB would maintain as it is.

Oh by the way, during his latest check up at the hospital, his HB was 8.3 (this is the highest so far we had),,during the visit at the hospital recently, the said that my so looks a bit pale and that he might need to get transfuse,,,this was before we got the HB result! Soon after, he does not have to get blood transfuse as his hb was 8.3.

Does it got to do with wheatgrass or maybe because of the living environment etc.? I wonder?

Thank God (Alhamdullillah)

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Highest HB Level so far!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »
Masha Allah! this is a good news indeed :congrats

I hope WG does it's wonder to your baby.

Wishing you all the best for the future!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 02:32:48 AM »
Some thalassemics respond very favorably to hemoglobin inducers. There is a very good chance that your son's improvement is related to the wheatgrass. The exercise is good for him as it makes his body more efficient. The combination of wheatgrass and exercise is very good for him, so I am sure you can see the importance of continuing. The effects of wheatgrass are best over long term and some are subtle, but there are real benefits besides the rise in Hb. Taking wheatgrass can enhance the health in most people and is very beneficial to thals. When he is old enough to take tablets, he can switch to that much easier method of taking it.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:39:54 AM »
good news
how old your son?
what about his condition now?
im also a father of a thal. inter. boy
i will (inshallah) provide for his wheatgrass and resveratrol and i hope he will accept to take them
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2072.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk