Hello Everybody

• 17 Replies
Re: Hello Everybody
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 09:56:09 AM »
hi again nick,
i lived in london for awhile myself and went to UCH hospital in london and saw prof Dr Porter,he was fantastic and very knowledgeable in thal,your right he told me exjade is thru funding by local health funding.Take care,all the best.

Offline nick

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
hi again nick,
i lived in london for awhile myself and went to UCH hospital in london and saw prof Dr Porter,he was fantastic and very knowledgeable in thal,your right he told me exjade is thru funding by local health funding.Take care,all the best.

Hello again sydneygirl, :biggrin

Strangely enough I was originally registered to go on the exjade trials at the UCH around 5 years ago.  Can't remember off the top of my head the lady in charge, I'm not sure if I saw Dr Porter but have seen him at the odd UKTS conference that I attended - that's if I kept my eyes open :rotfl. I did all the tests i.e. eyes, ears, liver biopsy etc.  Only to find I was disqualified from the trial because my ferritin then was too low!!  :wah

Then again the best things come to those that wait. 

All the best to you, sorry to hear about your brother.

Nick

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
its a small world hey.....
when i went to the UCH in London i remember there was a male nurse called Ewan and he was good there another one called Lisa who now funnily enough is working at the hospital i go to here in australia,but dr porter was brillant & still is and he remembers things that u tell him & people from years previous.Thanks for your  kind words nick about my brother also :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk