especialy to Andy question abt chelation

• 317 Replies

Offline Lena

Re: especialy to Andy question abt chelation
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »
I just saw your post, Umair.
CONGRATULATIONS, my friend. You did it! Stay within this range and everything will be fine.

Lena

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
Dear Andy and Dear Friends,

Since 1 week, as per your suggestion,i have split Samyu's Asunra dose to 3 times.100mg in the morning,100mg in the afternoon,100mg in the evening.She seems to be doing well.Inbetween she complained me of stomach pain while passing urine.I was shaken out of my wits.I was worried about her LFT values and had doubt whether she is having pain and discomfort because of that.She was found to have urinary infection and was on antibiotic syrup "Taxim" for 1 week .She was back to normalcy.Her  LFT values  2 weeks back were;

serum creatinine= 0.8 mgs/dl

SGOT= 88.0 U/L

SGPT= 110.0 U/L.

After splitting the Asunra Dose ,i checked her SGPT and Creatinine in the early hours of the day as per Andy's advice.

Do you believe it friends,i was taken aback by the values.Her latest LFT values were;

serum creatinine= 0.6 mgs/dl

SGPT= 30.0 U/L .

I was more than surprised.If it was not for Andy and my dear friends in Thalpal, i would have remained as a timid mother.Thank you all friends.

Well regarding her Ferritin,i will check the values after a month and see what Asunra is doing in her.
But keeping in mind her previous records,Asunra has chelated Iron from her Body.

An year back her ferritin was 2950ng/ml.After 3 months when i rechecked it was 1330ng/ml.So the iron did decrease.

But after that it again increased till 2780ng/ml and after few months reduced to 2180ng/ml.

Now it has increased from 2180 ng/ml to 2940 ng/ml.I am keeping my fingers crossed if the values reduce in a couple of months to our relief.

Thank you once again dear friends.

Regards,

Viji :smiley
Hi Samyuktha,

We did not hear any further news from your side. Did splitting dose helped? Did FE levels came down? I'm excited to hear, please let me know.

I've started taking the split doses from today. 800 mcg in morning and 400 mcg in the evening. Lets hope for the best.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:00:28 PM by Pratik »
Every child is special.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »
Zaini ,
sis, it wasn't only me who made this happen ... i must say, this journey was impossible without the support and encouragement of you all  :) ....

Dori,
thanx ya Dori :) ..

Manal,
1st of all , no need to feel sorry, Manal ... beleive me its an honour for me to know you all and being a part of this forum .. 
Umair you are an inspiration for true determination and you have showed us all how powerful is the human will.
yeah its what i use to say other thals and its something written below my Display Picture ..
If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...

Lena,
thank u, Lena ... yeah i m trying my level's best to keep everything fine and  within the normal ranges :) ...

@ Alll ,,
so sorry guys for being soo late to reply ... i dont have any excuse for this ... :(
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk