especialy to Andy question abt chelation

• 317 Replies

Offline Lena

Re: especialy to Andy question abt chelation
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2009, 06:10:20 AM »
 Well done  Umair,

if you continue at  this rate, you will soon need  iron pills!!!
(a little joke).
Keep on with the good work,

Lena. 

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
Thank you Andy for the compliment , it was almost impossible without your support, encouragement and help ... you people worked alot for me  THANX ALOT BUDDIES ..

@ Lena
hummm iron pills hahahaha   :P  .... Thanx Alot  for encouraging me .... :thankyou2

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline bhatti

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
              Hi Andy hoping u will be fine.It is first time that I am writing something direct to you. Hoping a response from your side.

My son's Ferritin level is on 2460 ng. His wt is 15 kg and taking 1000 mg Deferriprone(Ferinil) per day with 3 voils of Desferal per week. Transfusion routine is 300 ml r/cells after almost 25 days.

Plz advise further.
Thnx in adv.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »
Hi Bhatti,

I need a bit more information. For how long has your son been using this combination of chelators?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline bhatti

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »
            Hello Andy, Hoping u will be fine. Sorry for so late post.

Mujtaba is using Desferal and Ferinil since Jul 2008. But during the period his ferinil remain stopped for two months and also not used desferal in 100% same routine. Total medication stands a little bit low then the average prescribed.

Wheather it is enough dose for him. Thanx

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
Hi Buddies,
this time a good news but a little lower than expectations , i think stomach ache and Malaria played their role in it, as after both i had an extra Tx that was not scheduled bfore suffering to Malaria and stomach ache , and at the time was suffering to malaria and stomach ache i wasn't able to wear pump or to have IV desferal bcoze of illnes ... soo , its not unexpectable result , but i was expecting for a little better result ... i got my CBC and LFT reports as well , i m finding their thread to share those reports ...

My Last S.Fe Report , done on 20-January-2009
                                                    Normal range (for my age)                         Result
Serum Ferritin                                      30 - 400 ng/ ml                                2330 ng/m

My Latest S.Fe Report , done on 17-March-2009
Serum Ferritin                                      30 - 400 ng/ ml                                2060 ng/m

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
Umair,

That is great!  You are making progress!  That is very good for such a short period of time.  Keep it up buddy, it is going to get much better very soon!  I hope to see an even lower number next time. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »

My Latest S.Fe Report , done on 17-March-2009
Serum Ferritin                                      30 - 400 ng/ ml                                2060 ng/m

Take Care
Umair

:high5 :thumbs :clapcheergirl

Better slow than no report. Remember my reports, I dont even change the 2*3*30  into something else!  :gaah

Doortje :)

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
Sharmin & Dore  ,
Thank you for encouragement buut i was expecting a little more decrease in my Fe bcoze  since my last S.fe report ( 21 Janaury ) i was trying very hard and i increased the no# of days of chelation between the gap of 2 Transfussions , so i was expecting a little more , but i was feared of report like this one as well , bcoze i had 2 -3 extra transfussions during this time period bcoze of Malaria and Stomach ache, and during the time i was suffering to  stomach ache and malaria i didn't manage to contineu chelation  , no chelation at that time adn 2-3 extra Txs is the main reason of the report lke this ... its very discouraging to have  a report like this one when you striving hardder than ever ... this time i was striving realy hard to get my Fe level below 1500ng , but its ok ... Sometimes , He (GOD) send's us failure so we can be humble. .....

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2009, 11:04:10 PM »
Umair, i think this is an excellent result with all the the passing stuff(malaria, extra transfusion,...) you are a real inspiration my friend and very soon you will be under the 1000 level, just keep the hard work, it deserves :wink

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
Manal ,
Thank you for encouraging me to keep it On ,  yeah its not bad results with all that passed through since last 30 days . i m waiting for the day when it will come below 1000 since last year , I am hopefull to achieve this milestone realy soon ...  i will try my best to keep chelting agressively ...

How is Ahmed doing ?? and wat about his Ferritin and Hg and the need of Tx ??

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
You are welcome my friend :hugfriend

Ahmad is fine alhamdullah, now we are on hydroxyurea for the second month and i hope it will help him. Last month his HB was 7 and his ferritin was 62

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »
Umair,

Keep it up Bro,and one day just like lena said you'll need iron pills  :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl I am so happy for you.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
Manal ,
its nice to hear that he is doing fine , i hope that hydrea will work for him ... Best Wishes and Regards for Ahmed ...

Zaini ,
 :thankyou2 for encouragement , i m eagerly waiting for that day, when i will b asking to my chemist that he have any Calcium + Iron suppplement hehhehe :teehee :grin .....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »
Oho, I beated you. I am sure you will pass me really soon. Being ill is not the good thing when you try to ski hard for the mountain to the sea (or something else). Oh, i hear everyon talking about iron pills. One girl of the Dutch thal organisation had immediately to stop with chelation. She has only a fe of 40 at the moment! Btw I know now how happy one can feel when you see such drop. Umair dont be afraid when you dont see me only today. Itunes had the clever idea to instal Bonjour (I dont know even what it is) but it is nagging about a well-know virusscanner (which I dont want to have) and that always throttle my msn....   :biggrin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk