Heart Palpitations

• 1 Replies

Offline sibby

Heart Palpitations
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:20:50 PM »
When my hemoglobin is low and I am anemic I get heart palpitations, which are kind of scary my heart races and I feel like It's beating as if I just ran a race. Is this normal and do other people with low hemoglobin and anemia experince this too?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:13:30 AM by Andy »

Offline jzd24

Re: Heart Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 03:21:26 AM »
Hi Sibby,
     I have thal intermedia, and the last few years I was getting a lot of palpitations, or what the doctor called premature beats. I don't care what they call them, they are annoying and scary. I would get them for days at at time. My doctor said they were OK to have. They didn't seem OK to me. You may be having something different.  I got them when I was really tired or my hemoglobin was low. I did a stress test and echo, and and my heart was OK, but a little enlarged from working harder due to having thalassemia.  I haven't had the weird beats for awhile now.
     Did you have any tests done? Did your doctor suggest doing a Holter monitor? That's where they put some electrodes on you and hook you up to this little monitoring device and you press a button when you feel an irregular beat. You wear this for 24 hours and then they take it off and analyze the data. It's a good idea to get your heart checked out if you are having palpitations.               Good luck!   Jean   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk