International thalassaemia day 2008

• 20 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: International thalassaemia day 2008
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »
Hi sajid :
i m sorry to say that i didn't saw u .  i i m writing down the center i recognized in report .
 one was the THALASSEMIA SOCIETY OF PAKISTAN ( LAHORE CENTER)
 one was the (i don't know by name  but  ...... reporterting center was ( Peshawar)
 one was the (i don't know by name  but  ...... reporterting center was ( Queta    )
 one was the  i m not sure abt but i gues the in one report iheard the name of health minister .. 
 one was the (i don't know by name  but  ...... reporterting center was ( karachi    ).
 sorry sajid i didn't saw u sorry again yaar ( but i was keen to meet u in lahor thal conference & i was expecting too ......... i planed to go to  lahore to routine check-up on thal day so then i can meet u but my blood reports ..........i got my blood reportsyesterday thats the reason y i didn't went............... BELATED HAPPY THALASSEMIA DAY  to u i hope it will bring some good news for both of us  related to the thalasemia.......... oh yes sajid can we meet on msn ??. i have some ideas to talk abt for ur website islam such ............n other............... yes 1thing more to add THALzone.com        Thalclub.com        thalportal.com          think abt it ( THALSITE.COM )  wat u a said that r making site by this name  i have send three sugestions  think abt it instead of thalsite.com                 and the decission will be urs  but just think abt three others domain names.................................... ok bro thank you itake care          from
                                                                               umair_586@hotmail.com for msn     
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 07:38:20 AM »
Hi Umair,

I am pretty disappointed at the outcome of the convention. It's likely of the politicians to involve politics at every occation possible.

As for the site. I didn't want to make a new site, I just wanted an "easy to jot down" URL for this very site. There are quite a few websites about Thal. out there but Lisa's site is THE ULTIMATE one. This site is the most comprehensive resource about Thal. and frankly I think it deserves the Thalassemia.com URL. No where else you would find in depth authentic answers from a resident expert who is so selfless for Thalassemia. Furthermore you would find representatives from all parts of the world, contributing all the information regarding Thal. from their countries and guiding others no matter where they belong from. Finally putting Thal. aside, nowhere else you would find such loving and caring members that treat each other not like friends but like family.

Just like our buddy Khalifa says: "All for one and one for all!" :grouphug
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
HI sajid i  agree to u abt the politicians ....

i heard that u r keen to make  a site with domain name  : thalsite.com thats y i sent some domain names .............. thalassemia.com is reserved domain name n also exist  ... it is the site of CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL & RESEARCH CENTER OAKLAND CALIFORNIA  :biggrin.....

plz send me URL of lisas thalassemia site  thank you
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
 :huh

I thought I was pretty crystal about it :biggrin

Anyway, brother I was talking about registering a short Re-directing URL for this very site and not a top level domain. By the way, THIS VERY SITE IS Lisa's site and if you read that post again, I've edited it before the convention and mentioned the URL in it makethal.better.ws
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:10:13 AM »
www.thalsite.com is Lisa's own personal site that is still administered by her mom, Shirley.

I don't think anyone on earth deserves thalassemia.com more than Oakland Children's Hospital. Oakland's Dr Vichinsky is my hero and a more dedicated doctor and researcher can not be found.

When choosing the name for our new site after leaving MSN, we did have the option of changing the name of this site to something shorter. However, this is the name Lisa gave her site, because she welcomed all. She made it very clear that it was to include family and friends and had no desire to run some exclusive, patients only site. In her own personal life, Lisa drew much strength from family and friends and recognized the value that everyone had to offer. I know the name is long, but to keep the true spirit of her site, we kept the long name. I like the idea of a short re-direct and wonder if we could find something even shorter.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 07:18:18 AM »
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com

is a great comprehensive URL that addresses the interested audience of the site. It's good enough to be sent via email or bookmarks too as long as a computer is involved to handle it however, it's the people who make the mistakes while using the classic pen and paper :biggrin

A free redirecting ccTLD .tk is also available but it is slow, not always 100% up and has popups/ads :(
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk