Natural chelators brands

• 12 Replies

Offline Bigg

Natural chelators brands
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »
Hi all,

I am (still) a new member here, and reading so many posts got me thinking about a treatment.

I am beta thal minor (diagnostics still in progress), and I am going to try herbal/natural chelators/fetal hemoglobin inducers.
I've tried so many supplements and vitamins that I've become somewhat extra cautious about what I am going to take.
The best example is L-carnitine supplement, which contained aspartam. Aspartam seems not to be so save as it was supposed to be. It's better not to risk it. You can read about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

Or watch video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-566922170441334340

So I would like to get to know some of the suppliers of these needed supplements, that offer good quality and no poisonous additives :sadyup.
That is where you come in, my fellow thals.

I would especially like the info about:
- Wheat grass
- IP6
- Resveratrol
- Are there any other?
The questions are:
- What is the brand of the product?
- Does it have good quality and affordable price?
- What is the dosage (this is especially important, as I can't find definitive directions for the above supples)?
- What's the site of the product?

You can also provide info about other products, not mentioned above.

I think there is not much use in providing info about vitamins, as these can be bought anywhere, but you can share the info, there can always be something interesting.

I can recommend sites about vitamins:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins.html

Here you can find info about vitamins, minerals, and other Phytochemicals - Chlorophyll and Chlorophyllin, Resveratrol.
What I like is "Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL)", which we can use to calculate for example vitamin E dosage, as we need more than recommended daily allowance (RDA).

This one is good, because they say what vitamins to take for thallassemia (not that we don't know, but it is a quick reminder):

http://www.puritan.com/vf/healthnotes/hn_live/Concern/Anemia.htm

So, I invite everyone, please share.
Hopefully this thread will collect all the helpful info, so that it is in one place.

:friday     
you can notice the green color of the bottles and that means they are drinking wheatgrass drink !!!
Look, how they enjoy it !!! Just ignore the fact, that one of them goes down...

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Natural chelators brands
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 04:29:17 PM »
I cannot understand why artificial sweetener would be added to L-carnitine. Years ago a chemist told me that aspartame altered the brain chemistry. I refuse to use it.

Puritan is a good company that I have used for many years and they do ship to most countries.

Searching this site for each item you mentioned will give you more information.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
i have just received an e-mail from a friend about Aspertam that i would like to share with you.  i am shocked to know that L-Carnitine has it!!!!!!!! Andy the consumer prescrition inside the box of l-carnitne that i give to Ahmad does not say it has, so does this mean they don't add it or it is not a must to mention that.

The email:

SWEET POISON
A MUST  READ

In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick. She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around.  Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

By March 2002, she had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies and was on 24 various prescription medications.  The doctors could not determine what was wrong with her. She was in so much pain, and
so sick.she just knew she was dying. She put her house, bank accounts, lifeinsurance, etc.,  in her oldest daughter's name, and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of.

She also wanted her last hooray, so she planned a trip to Florida (basically in a  wheelchair) for March 22 nd.

On March 19 I called her to ask how her most recent tests went, and she said they didn't find anything on the test, but they believe she had MS.
I recalled an article a friend of mine e-mailed to me and I asked my
sister if she drank diet soda? She told me that she did.  As a matter of  fact, she was getting ready to crack one open that moment.

I told her not to open it,and to stop drinking the diet soda!
I e-mailed her the article my friend, a lawyer, had sent.
My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could walk!  The muscle spasms went away. She said she didn't feel 100% but she sure felt a lot better. She told me she was going to her doctor with this article and would call me when she got home.

Well, she called me, and said her doctor was amazed! He is going to call all of his MS patients to find out if they consumed artificial sweeteners of any kind.
In a nutshell, she was being poisoned by the Aspartame in the diet soda...and literally dying a slow and miserable death.

When she got to Florida March 22, all she had to take was one pill, and that was a pill for the Aspartame poisoning! She is well on her way to a complete recovery.
And she is walking! No wheelchair! This article saved her life.
If it says 'SUGAR FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!
I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as 'NutraSweet,' 'Equal,' and  'Spoonful.'

In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in the United States in 2001 there is an epidemic of
multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficul! t to det ermine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant.
I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject.
I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic  acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. Many people were being diagnosed in error.  Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.  The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition.
We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly.

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia.
During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness,  headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred! speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!'
People were jumping up during the lecture saying, 'I have some of these symptoms. Is it reversible?'

Yes! Yes! Yes! STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on food labels! Many products are fortified with it!  This is a
serious problem.
Dr. Espart (one of my speakers)  remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice, a nurse stated that six of her friends,  who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence!

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.  It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs.  Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin andis used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.' Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!

Dr. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise; his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.

Aspartame is especially dangerous for diabetics.
We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame.
The Aspartame drives the  bloodsugar out of control. Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids  necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrierand it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various levels of brain damage, seizures, depression, manic depression, panic attacks, uncontrollable anger and rage.

Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well.
Documentation and observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turnarounds in their behavior when these  chemicals have been removed from their diet. So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others)  are no longer needed. Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place!  Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar.'

It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well-known Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e . mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy.

Children are especially at risk for neurological disorders and should NEVER be given artificial sweeteners.  There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'

Herein lies the problem:
There were Congressional Hearings when Aspartame was included 100 different products and strong objection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED!
There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced.  Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.' I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.

And isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes   Association, the American Diebetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times.
These [organizations] cannot criticize any additives or convey  their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.

Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants.  The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding
seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioral symptoms.
The bill was  killed.

It is known that the powerful drug and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disea! se and d eath on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're Informed now! YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO  KNOW!

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
The artificial sweetener aspartame, as all ingredients, must be listed on labels.

Puritan: Acetyl L-Carnitine   250 mg *  Other Ingredients: Rice Powder, Gelatin, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.
            L-Carnitine   500 mg     Other Ingredients: Cellulose (Plant Origin), Coating (Food Glaze, Ethyl Alcohol and Ethyl Acetate, Poly Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Oleic Acid), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Silica, Croscarmellose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

No aspartame. Same thing at Swanson. Use reliable companies. Read the labels. Many chewable vitamins contain artificial sweeteners. The better companies stay away from this junk. Also, please do not confuse it with the enzyme, aspartate. They have nothing to do with each other.

I have regularly mentioned certain companies as having good products. There is a reason for this and it is that there are many companies making very cheap products that are in no way the same quality as what can easily be found at reputable companies. I would also like to mention that almost all studies of vitamins are done with this cheap junk. These studies are purposely designed to fail. Please use supplements that contain natural ingredients. The only vitamin I know of that is identical when synthesized is vitamin C and you're still better off getting it from food first.

If you buy from reputable companies, you have no worries, but please, always read the labels. I have never and never will use these chemical sweeteners. I hope people realize that low cal sweeteners like Equal, NutraSweet, and Canderel, all contain aspartame.
Andy

Kathy11

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:14:01 AM »
I read this article, and it confirmed my suspicion about artificially "anything" that it is no good for our bodies.

I'm not mad after all, they are trying to kill us all, mind you, with good intention :run :run :run :run :run. and again, money in the bank for" big corporations" Misery for  human-beings ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
This is a mad  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmad   world  unfortunately we live in it and we still need to do the best of a bad situation.
Kathy

Offline Bigg

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:41:10 AM »
Well, I was not very accurate last time, so let me be more specific:
L-carnitine pills of one brand contain aspartam, not the l-carnitine itself.
This company wanted to make sweet, fruit-tasting pills that sell very well.
The worst part is that it is quite reputable company here in Poland.
I switched to different brand (gelatin capsules). Then the guy at the shop told me that
gelatin capsules pose also some kind of threat (mad cow disease).
The material for gelatin production is supposed to be controlled for this disease by vets, but can you be sure?
So finally I switched to liquid carnitin, and so far I haven't found anythong wrong about it.
That is why I created this thread - maybe there are supples that we should stay away from, maybe there are other, that someone especially recommends...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
                                OH MY GOD

:pissedoff :pissedoff :shocked :computer :noway :faint :hissyfit :quiver :sadno :waiting :tantrum :sigh :madno :coffeestat :thumbdown :hysterical :hysterical :hysterical :hysterical :hysterical :hysterical :frustrated

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
Years ago I had a pretty bad attack of Anxiety that almost shuts off my brain. It lasted for a week and during that time I researched so much on good food guide. Unfortunately all the knowledge I wrote was in my Company's email Inbox and I switched job before forwarding it to my private email. One of the thing I remember was that in early 18th century a person would consume on average 15 gram of artificial man made sugar (not including natural sugar present in fruits or brown sugar etc.) in a year. These days only a can of soda would include 35gram of sugar. Fact: A can of coke contain eight full teaspoon of sugar. Our bodies are not designed to consume the amount of sugar we take. Artificial sweetener aspartame is a killer even for diabetics. The 1 calaroie diet coke contains aspartame that has a worst effect than a regular coke.

Try using brown sugar where possible. Children should not be exposed to coke/pop juices etc. until you have no control over them  :biggrin. Adults should completely avoid soda pop etc.

Candies / Gum etc. is a no no for everybody.

Always check the amount of sugar when buying juices, use natural juices without preservatives.

Bake your own bread using flour with bran. White bread is one of the worst food as per Canadian Food Guide.

Don't buy food with preservatives.

Actually, we always go to grocery shopping with a plan, we have divided the store sections as good isle vs. bad isle. We never go to bad isles that includes (Pop, Juices, packaged pre-made bread/muffins, canned food, cookies and candies section etc.)

Is it helping, I really hope so.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
Canadian Family, you are so right! Eat natural foods as much as possible. Our bodies are not designed for chemicals nor processed foods.

People, the bodies of thals are under tremendous stresses. Proper nutrition is essential but so is avoiding foods that further stress the body. Use natural supplements to address the deficiencies caused by thal. The nurse in our doctor's office told my wife do not take synthetic vitamin E because high doses can be toxic. Use natural. The words of Canadian Family contain much wisdom. Pay attention to what is said. You will see the difference in your own health. And DON'T smoke!
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 04:40:52 AM »
:agree

but that email does sound familiar; so I checked the web and found this:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blasp.htm

I don't know what to believe but one fact will always remain true "Too much of EVERYTHING is harmful" whether its artificial or too much natural sugar, fat and salt etc.

It's O.K to pop a can of soda occasionally but let's not make it a part of our daily dinner table and prefer natural juices instead.

Moderation is the best route.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »
Sajid,

The key is to analyse everything using common sense. Few years back heart burn was a common thing and a glass of milk would treat it. Now its called Acid Reflux Disease and there is actually prescribed tablets such as Nexium to treat this "disease".

Few years back Margarine was the best choice for your health now natural butter is proven to protect you from clogged arteries and margarine is worst for your health.

The scams they make, for years people did not know about MSG, preservatives in the food now its talk of the day.

You stated "Moderation is the best route", I add to that statement "Natural is the best route". Aspartame is unnatural and is not designed to consume in our daily lives. Actually, I know this because my uncle is working for Coruna lab in Sarnia, ON and he is the quality control supervisor in the lab. He has strictly banned the use of aspartame in his household, he is diabetic and he went natural.

The other day I was laughing when I saw YO YO bites made of real yougurt. The lables are so deceptive these days, the companies know people are getting smarter so they are disgusing their product to look like natural. I break open the YO YO Bite and inside it was actaually a jelly ball covered in sugar and a coating of milk powder on top of it. They used artificial flavour to taste like yougurt.

Go figure!!!
Regards.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »
 :gaah

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »
When I think about it, all of us on this site are health conscious, informed and knowledgeable individuals - which is what brings us to contribute to this site.    Imagine the poor ordinary souls out there, with the best intentions for their children - how do they make wise decisions with all of these misleading labels?  We all know to stick to natural foods - but when the labels say that they are "made from' natural foods - the average person may not know the difference! 

Unfortunately not everyone knows that 'low fat' means 'loaded with sugar or aspartame' - and that 'made with real fruit - means loaded with crap and a bit of dried up useless fruit'.  I wish I could put a sign next to it saying - then just eat a damned peace of real fruit!! 

Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk