new person

• 19 Replies
Re: new person
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
Hi Mel,
i also had that type of reaction when I started. what I did was to reduce the dose initially and take it during my meal not afterwards. i also took it no later than 6.00 pm with food in the evening making sure that i did not go to bed for a while later.

I was supposed to have been on combination but didnt really use the desferal as I should but guess what my ferritin is now down to 471!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Finally, I was getting depressed as sometimes it felt like it would never ever drop!!! It has never been so low before.

Combination is the best treatment especially when you are overloaded, I am living proof!!!!
So keep with it my friend, we are all in this together

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
WOW B Thal Gal

:yaaaaaay :yaaaaaay :congrats :congrats :hi5girls :hi5girls

It's quite an achievement,i wonder when zainab's ferritin would be that low  :sigh

Mel,

i think you should give L1 another chance,it was 7 years ago,start with a single tab a day,then gradually increase the dose.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »
Zaini,
I was questioning that it would EVER drop as it seemed to stick at one point. But it did and it WORKS!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I have also now been told that I will be able to get the Ferriprox here in canada legally!!!!!! Another plus for me!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
Congratulations B Thal Girl!!  I am so happy for you! 
Your accomplishment took a lot of patience and commitment and it is inspirational to the rest of us.
We are also in Canada, we have not used L1 - I wonder if they will recommend it to us in Oakland.    I also wonder
if Exjade is an option for my son. 

I wish you continued success in your treatment!!  Keep up the excellent work!!

Mel, I hope this method will also work for you!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
That's awesome! :clap :yahoo
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site