New Board Announcement

• 12 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
New Board Announcement
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:16:17 AM »
At the request of many people I have somewhat reluctantly set up a new board to direct people to Paypal if they want to give a gift to the group. I have resisted this idea for some time but I have to be realistic about the amount of personal funds that have gone towards my work with thalassemia. I have to admit that I do need some help if I am to continue to attempt to maximize the value of this group. I will always do my best to use any gifts wisely and will never use any funds for personal use. Those giving can specify if they want the funds to go to something in particular or just for general use.

Please do not give if it means you have to go without. This is very important to me. I don't want to see anyone give up anything they need for their own lives. Patient needs should always come first.

I hope no one will question the motivation for this action. A quick look at the statistics will give some physical measure of my commitment. Look at the days and hours I have spent logged into this site and keep in mind that total reflects only the time when I have been active in the past 15 minutes. Even if one is logged in, the time does not count unless there is some activity in the past 15 minutes. When you break it down, I average 40 hours per week at this site. This is a completely volunteer effort. My commitment is real and so is my honesty.

Thank you..
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: New Board Announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:32:56 AM »
Buddy,

No one can question your efforts. It's all there! You are the integral part of the site. No where else we can find complete guidance and support. It's all just because of you.

You've put so much effort in it without even being personally affiliated with Thalassemia.

I just can't think of the words to :thankyou for everything that you do.

This shows how much important Friends are when even Family members let you down; I'm saying this on my own personal experience only; I know everyone has great loving family members but in some cases (like mine), Friends are more loving and caring than even some of the most closest family members.

I can't never Thank you and every member on this site enough.

:grouphug
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
Andy,

We all depend on you all of the time - I am eternally grateful to you and I am committed to thalassemia patients and friends.  I whole heartedly agree with what you are doing - those of us who have the resources to help our friends (those  who are going without) and those who are happy to help will now have the opportunity to do so. 

Thank you for incurring so much for us, and for committing so much of your time to helping us - I personally can't imagine where my family would be without your help.  You must have influenced and even saved many lives. 
 :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :clapcheerboy :clapcheerboy :clapcheerboy :clapcheerboy

I'll help with this endeavor in whatever way that I can - if you need to delegate anything please let me know - I'm sure there are many more than eager helpers available on this site.  Thank you for doing this and making a difference. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
Andy,... :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
Your commitment is magnificient.
It was about time you made it practical to allow those who are able to assist you to the extent that they can.

Thank you.

Kathy11

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »
Thank-you Andy for the address.
I will assist if it will help to make a differrence in someone elses' life.
I 'm going to consider your request.
Keep up the good work you are one of a kind and we are blessed to have you in our lives. :clap :clap :clap
Kathy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »
Andy,

No one can question your honesty and commitment,you don't have to explain anything,i can only say,thanx for being there for us.

Sajid,

This shows how much important Friends are when even Family members let you down; I'm saying this on my own personal experience only; I know everyone has great loving family members but in some cases (like mine), Friends are more loving and caring than even some of the most closest family members.

You are not alone in this,i have felt the same whole my life.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »
Andy,

You don't need to explain anything, your presence is a source of strength for all of us.

Sincere regards.
Regards.

Offline maha

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 05:48:15 AM »
Hi Andy
Is there any other option to donate other than Paypal. It will be a privelege to be of any help for a good cause.
Maha

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 07:48:37 AM »
If anyone questioned your motivation for this, then it would be obvious that they didn't know you very long.  Anyone who has been around long enough to be on this forum and the last one, knows your intentions.  Thank you for all you do, Andy.  I appreciate it greatly.   :hugfriend

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »
Thanks for your support to all those who have stood behind me in this endeavor. A few gifts have already been received, making it possible for me to offer to mail needles around the world, and also buy the site name, www.thalpal.com , so that we now have an easy to remember re-direct that will take you to our site. This is possible only with your help.

And to those wondering why I felt a need to post about my intentions, I did this because, unfortunately, there are those, even within this group, who do hold some resentment that I am doing what has been long requested, and accepting gifts to support our work. I find it somewhat dismaying, as I do believe that there is no thalassemia association, society or organization that has accomplished as much with as little as we have done here. And even more, since the funding of this work first began with Lisa herself, who arranged to send pumps and needles to patients around the world and her mom, who has been our only source of funding for site fees and postage, etc. up to this point, I really don't understand the resentment. I have previously spent many thousands of dollars of my own funds to attend conferences and to mail various items to patients around the world, but with two kids in college, I just can't afford to be dipping into personal funds to finance these endeavors. I realize that the vast majority of members fully understand that some funding has become necessary, but to those who don't get it, it's time you did.  We're here to help in ways that really help individuals all around the world and we will continue our work. Shirley recently posted and told us that Lisa had said to her that she never wanted to see another mom have to go through what Shirley has. We're here to try to help every mom and dad of a thal child, that we can. We're here to try to help every thal who needs help. We're here to fulfill Lisa's dream.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline cherieann

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 09:49:49 AM »
Andy I think you are doing a terrific job! :friday :flowers
I'm grateful and blessed that God sent you to help us all stay in touch with each other.
Your my guardian angel. :hugfriend

Thank you for your valuable time & efforts :ty
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »
Hi andy :
u r realy doing a great job ... u gave hope a of living a good quilty life to many thals.
u toke thals in the lights to the darknes with u .. u gave thals aan idea to look after their self on their own.... i cant forget that i was pretty careless abt my health.. since first time ivisited this site i toke interest in it and then i registered my ID on it and now  i m taking interest to care of mine self .. there is no doubt in that the site is all abt to ur hard work and ur struggle to give a better life to thals ...u done a marvelous job.

best regards
                             Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk