please help

• 3 Replies

Offline Alia

please help
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »
Hi to all
my daughter sara has been taking exjade from the last four monthes , the first few weeks her frriten  came down from 2200 to 1600 it was a big drop, after a month it went up again since it has been only gone dwn by little. now it went up from 2300 to 2700 in three weeks.
please help ,is this medicin not working? should we increase the dosage? she is two an a half. plz can u tell if its going to effect her as her ferrten has been nearly 3000.what can i do i dont know,plz help.
alia

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:43 AM »
Hi Alia,

Don't get alarmed.

It is an expected behavior. You see, exjade first removes iron stored in the organs into the blood stream which reflects as an increase in the S.F levels. Eventually it will go down.

Lower results wont come quick; it takes time and you would have to wait several months(depending on the amount of iron stored) before the levels starts to show a decrease in the blood.

You might want to compare FerriScan results instead to see the iron load decreasing in the liver and other organs for a better understanding.

If it still continues to rise (after several months) then you might ask your doctor to increase the dose.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
Hello Alis,

As Sajid said, no need to be alarmed at this point. My daughter is taking exjade for las six months and we are still waiting for ferritin to stabilize. Exjade chelates iron from the organs into blood stream and that is the only logical explanation for increase of ferritin levels in your daughter.

Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
At that age it may not be possible to increase the Exjade dosage either, so it may be a matter of having some extended patience until her dosage can be raised to a more effective level. As everyone is saying, please have patience. It took my friend in Hong Kong more than a year to show progress on Exjade, but she now has halved her ferritin level.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk