Hello ! i am new forum member,,

• 4 Replies

Offline amna

Hello ! i am new forum member,,
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
Hello and Salam to all !!

I am Amna from saudi arabia. i am glade to see this site,it is a realy  good place to share our problems and solutions....

Am thal major patient since i was 2 years old and i am also using desferal before 1 year i was using ICL some kind of desefral subtitute tablets but it didnt really work.Last year i was seriously ill cz i was careless about my tablets and etc , and i got oadema ,my whole body was sewellen but now Allhamdullilah i am fine and getting my desferal daily and some calcium tablets...i am already 26 years old and i dont know what will happen next to me.anyways i wish that i could treat BMT but i really dont know that if it is useful in the age of 26 or 27...

i am getting treatment here in KING ABDUL AZIZ UNiversity hospital Jeddah,

ok guys see u soon
                            Keep smiling always  :smiley :smiley :smiley :smiley :smiley :cheer

BYE BYE       TATA

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Hello ! i am new forum member,,
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »
Hello Amna,

:welcome to the family

Nice to see you posting now :)

I'm sorry to hear that Exjade (ICL-670) didn't work with your. The oedema could point to some kidney disease which is not compatible with Exjade or is due to Exjade itself.

I hope that it has cured completely after discontinuing it. Please keep an eye on your Serum Creatinine and Urea

Have you tried L1/Kelfer and it's other brands?

Don't get depressed as BMT is not an option for you anymore. Just comply with your chelation and treatment and try to stay as optimistic as possible.

Please keep us updated on your health.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
Hi amna :
its nice to see you posting  a topic ..its great ...
well king AZIZ OR SOMETHING LIKE name i heard abt that they operated a diebetes effected eyes ( in diabeties vein of eye could b damage due to UPs and Downs of BSL so effected person could b blind ) they treated that patient to stemcell therapy ...to regrow patients damaged vein ... and they succed to do that .......   i read this in sunday magazine so i dont have any clue from where u can get more info abt it ...... i know its a half info but i will try to send complete info
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »
Hello Amna,

Welcome to the group.

Regards.

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »
salam Amna / amo0na

I'm from kuwait , I heard bout that hospital its really go0d mashala , and 7amdila 3ala il salama never be careless be strong and positive,
welcome to the group :hugfriend
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk