Help - More fertility questions

• 3 Replies
Help - More fertility questions
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Hello!  I'm living with Thal. major and am in the process of taking fertility drugs to try to get pregnant.  According to your posts, I am encouraged that it is possible for me to get pregnant.  However, I think it would be helpful to get feedback from people who have Thal. major and were successful in having a healthy pregnancy and baby.  I'm currently taking 112 i.u. of Menopur.  Did anyone else have to take fertility meds to get pregnant?  How long were you on them before you got pregnant?  Thanks for your help!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Help - More fertility questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
Hi Teacher,

After many pleas for help with prospective moms I have finally found a thal mom in this group who is willing to help out with these questions. I will pm you with her info and you can contact her with your questions.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline eesha

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:04 PM »
i would like some advice about this too.
As i saw my endocrinologist a while ago and he said i could not have children due to my glands being destroyed by thal and therefore i dont have eggs. they give me oestrogen but apparently this only makes the womb but i cant have children as i have no eggs.
this has upset me as i live in the uk and has one of the best thal care in world, so how could the doctors have let my glands get destroyed. my hb has always been reaosnable and so has my iron.
is there nay way that fertility drugs may help me. as i have read so many positive thal stories and wonder why me that gets the short straw.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »
Hi Eesha,

Which gland is destroyed? The pituitary? If the ovaries themselves are still there, then hormones should be tried to see if you can ovulate. The pituitary does vanish in thals and not just due to iron, and this is one reason I so heavily stress the importance of antioxidants and natural chelators, because they can help to protect the pituitary. But hormones can be used to stimulate the ovaries when the pituitary can't.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk