something about Liver, iron overload, chelation, diabetes and hepatitis

• 101 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: something about Liver, iron overload, chelation, diabetes and hepatitis
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 05:16:14 AM »
Umair,

Buddy, that is great!  That is a small volume, so it makes sense that you are transfusing more frequently.  I don't think that there is any problem with hemolysis:)  If you start a little higher than at the end of 12 days you should not be low.  I am very happy to hear this, these transfusions will not interfere with your chelation because they are not big volumes.  Just keep you hg up!

Good job with the chelating I am very proud of you Umair - you are going to do great!!

Sharmin   :thumbs :thumbs
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 09:52:49 AM »
@ Andy
Andy , Thanx for encouragement , your opinion and your encoragement means alot for me , there is a big hand of you to push forward towards the good health ... i m realy thankfull of you . about liver , yeah my doctor also said the same and sugest me to continue with Zeffix ... there is  a big difference in today's results and my previous test results , bcoze i m on liver treatment and meanwhile complying with chelation as well ... doing my best to keep both ( liver and iron ) controled , in normal ranges .....

@ Sharmin
yeah i think that reasons behind sugesting that low volume could be ,
1) low volume and short gap means less iron and fresh blood on every Tx with the gap of 12 days .
she also refused the posiblity of hemolysis bcoze there is no big drops in Hg, 1 point per week ... i mean if my pre-tx hg is 9 then after two weeks that will back on 9 ///....
Thanx for encouragement Sis ... i always need encouragement ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
Dear Umair

You are really doing an excellent job my friend, congratulations and keeep going :hugfriend

manal

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :clap :clap :clap

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
Hi Manal ,
Thanx for encouraging words , i m trying my best n hope that i will achieve my goal of taking controle on Iron and other thing... . you people are realy great thanx to you all  :ty :thankyou

Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
here's my LFT report :
i think i forgot to share my last LFT report so now here it is ..
my last LFT ReportJanaury 21 2009

Test                                        Results                     Normal range
Liver Prfile ( L.F.T )
S.TOTAL BILIRUBIN            1.0 mg/dl                   ( 0.2 - 1.25 )
S.DIRECT BILIRUBIN            0.2 mg/dl                   ( 0 - 0.15 )
S.INDIRECT BILIRUBIN         0.8 mg/dl                   ( 0.2 - 1.2 )
GAMMA GT                         57 I.U/L                    ( 3 - 50 )
SGPT (ALT )                       99 I.U/L                    ( 0 - 55 )
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE     146 I.U/L                  ( 28 - 124 )

My Latest LFT report March 17 2009

Test                                        Results                     Normal range
Liver Prfile ( L.F.T )
S.TOTAL BILIRUBIN            1.5 mg/dl                   ( 0.2 - 1.25 )
S.DIRECT BILIRUBIN            0.3 mg/dl                   ( 0 - 0.15 )
S.INDIRECT BILIRUBIN         1.2 mg/dl                   ( 0.2 - 1.2 )
GAMMA GT                         83 I.U/L                    ( 3 - 50 )
SGPT (ALT )                       143 I.U/L                    ( 0 - 55 )
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE     147 I.U/L                  ( 28 - 124 )

the worst report is my CBC report , completely unexpected results , platelet count is increasing instead of decreasing .... let me find better place for complete report to share ...

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
Umair,

What did your doc say about increase in SGPT?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
Zaini Sis ,
hummm , programe to meet doctor is post poned , due to stormy/bad weather , it was a rainy evening , i like this weather  :) .... soo , Papa cancled the programe bcoze it seems dangerous to drive in rain .... now programe is post poned on Tommorow but on Saturday doctor sit's in her clinic for a little short time than other days and another probleme , tommorow is my TX Date ( 12 Days completed :grin ) ... soo, i think, i would go to consult about my reports to my doctor on Monday.. let's see happened, but the worst thing is ( wat i m expecting) i m not gona start Asunra within the end of april, but i will ask her to start asunra if it is safe and possible in my condition    :(  ..... Mayb , not sure ..... :grin :grin :grin

Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:22:46 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 06:04:32 AM »
Umair,

I won't suggest you to start Asunra with that elevated level of SGPT,for now you should stick to your combination therapy,this is what i think,let's see what your doctor has to say about that.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »
Zaini Sis,
Thanx for your Concern,.... i m not expecting that my doctor would prescribe me Asunra on this stage, as My S.FE is not Below desired level to start Asunra and LFT Report is also not encouraging at this moment , soo i dont think that she will be loking for Asunra at this stage , but its me, who dont want to go for chelation with desferal anymore ... but as it is complussion to go for desferal until S.fe and LFT come to Desired level to Start Asunra .... Let's see wat is gona happen next :grin ...  i think she would like to give me another chance to get my LFT to normal levels and if i failed to do this she will be looking to start something else for liver ... Prayers Needed ...

:thankyou2 for sugestions, i always need that ....
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
I am praying that your LFT will be normal Umair. 

Best,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »
Hi Sharmin Sis,
Thanx for the prayer ( i know thanx is very small and insignficant word in reply of prayers ) ...  i hope that LFT will be normal and stable in normal ranges , but it is always fluctuating .... hope that this issue will be settled down soon ....

Take Care

===========
Umair

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
hi everyone m ayesha 23 yrs old married n hav thal major n hepa c m v tense about hepa c my liver size is also enlarged about 17 cm... n also hav pain in liver.. my sgpt in 123 last time n genotype for Hcv is 3b...i had takken treatment of hepa c for 1 yr interferon treatment but i still hav hepa c.. with the treatment of hepa c my sgpt was 27 in the last but after thend of treatmnt yar after 2 months sgpt again 123... kya karun dont understand yar.. help me out

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »
Hi Ayesha,
i am fine and hope tat you'll be also fine and enjyoing your life at its fullest , ..  i also have Hep-C & B , ay doc done a treatment of Hep-B on me Sep-20-08 to Jan-23-09, By The Grace of Almighty ALLAH, i got benefit to that treatment, as my SGPT, ALT, Direct and indrect bilirubin decreased to normal after that, for a few months ..
bfore stating that treatment my   .. one thing you can see that i mentioned another fact that is S.FE , iron overleoad is also a role playring thing in liver's problemes , you can see in this thread that decrease in S.Fe made my LFTs nearly normal , that means less iron in your liver may help prevent the complications .. please read this thread carefuly tto know that iron is main prob of not only the liver but all other organs , but especialy for liver .... please try to controle your S.FE , that is another key role player factor in interferon treatment .. when i was severely iron over loaded my SGPT was 640 i have mentioned this fact in my this thread, then when my iron level came down it come's back near normal ranges ...
now she want me to start interferon ( i call that injection inter-fir'oun [Pharoh]  :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :teehee :happydance , bcoze i red alot of that injection's side-effects  ) , but she have another and better option for me that is Peg-interferon (Pegylated-interferon) , Peg-interferon is known as latest version of intereferon with less side-effects.... I hope , i answered all the question, but i m not sure ,
so dont hesitate to ask wat-ever your questions are about , i will try my best to get and then send you the answers of your concerns.....

bfore starting chelation S.fe was above 9500 : and  22cm liver
after  getting S.fe 3560 : 18cm

Best Regards
Take Care
Nice Friend
Umair
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:21:58 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline cherieann

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »
Hi guys.
Just thought that I post that I have a new pump finally.
Its pretty cool especially as it now fits my 30ml syringe perfectly and it can run either 12 hours or 24 so that is a weight off my shoulders.
The only down side is that it is big and bulky but portable.
My nurse was very apologetic over the size but she didn't get a say in which pump was going to be brought. That decision was made by the admin of our hospital.
At least I have a pump that going to do its job whether I'm 24 hours or 12.
I'm happy about that.
Spoke to my chemist today as I have noticed my desferal is having flakes in it from last week.
Due to my hands, my chemist now prepares my desferal into 7 syringes for 1 week.
I am concerned that the desferal maybe not dissolving well. I have never had this problem before.
At the moment it is 3 ml water to each vial. I have said to add another 2ml to the overall mixture.
This may help. He said it could be the temperture as it is getting colder over here.
I'm not sure as I have never had this problem before. Have transfusion in 2 weeks so I will discuss it  with my nurses.
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
HI Cheriean,
 :congrats for new pump, you know something , i like to try new medicines and all kind of new stuff , so mometns like this one brings a big smile and happiness on my face :P NEW MEDICINE  :food hummmmm ....

i think, your chemist is right,  it could be bcoze of  temprature, if you're mixing desferal in cold water it could be flakey , i know this , bcoze , i store's my desferal in referigrator bcoze climate is warm over here in Paksitan, so when-ever i insert cold water or insert's water into cold vials of desferal powder that remains flakey until solution comes to normal levels, it happened to me in last winter ( couple of month ago ) , soo wat i did to fix this probleme was , holding up water in hands to so the temprature of water vials comes to normal and did the same with desferal and then mixed the both after that hold up desferal solution vials for 5-10 minutes, so to the warm hands desferal solution comes to normal level and desferal dislve better. this really worked .
try to avoid using desferal until that is not disolved properly , .....

BTW : wat happened to your hands ??..

Good luck with all the stuff and especialy with chelation ...

Best Regaards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk