Look at the general conditions of kids with Thal in Kolkata, India

• 3 Replies

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
We don't have much of an option but to bear with this.

Thalassemia kid callously treated at Kolkata hospital
Published: Wednesday, 16 July, 2008

KOLKATA: A two-and-a half-year-old thalassemia patient was allegedly treated callously and his parents were manhandled by attending junior doctors at a state-run hospital here.

Rimo Das of Metiabruz on the western fringe of Kolkata was taken to the National Medical College Hospital for blood transfusion.

“The junior doctors took my son to the outdoor emergency ward instead of the paediatric ward for blood transfusion. When we protested and requested them to take him to a senior doctor, they drove us away,” said Rimo’s father Sanjay.

“After that they pricked Rimo four times to find his vein and later released him, saying they were not able to locate the vein. By that time his health had deteriorated, but the doctors refused to admit him at the hospital despite beds being available.”

Sanjay alleged that the doctors even manhandled him and his wife. “The doctors pushed me and my wife Rupa out of the ward when we went to request them to admit Rimo and said they will not admit him at any cost.

“We have lodged a complaint against the doctors at Beniapukur police station and will submit a written complaint at the health department,” Sanjay added. The hospital authorities were not available for a comment on the issue.

The baby, now suffering from high fever and low haemoglobin, was admitted to the Chittaranjan Seva Sadan and Sisu Sadan yesterday.
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Re: Look at the general conditions of kids with Thal in Kolkata, India
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »
It is a sad state of affair, the only good thing I saw is that the parents did raised their voice. It is very important to always raise your voice / concern regardless of the ambiguity if it is heard or not. This lesson is so important but unfortunately most people forget it.

I hope culprits are disciplined in an orderly fashion.
Regards.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
It really makes my heart cry.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Fadd

• Fadd
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »
this is really very painful. the doctors who claim to serve the humanity are not supposed to have such attitude towards this sacred profession...

May God bless Rimo with health....
Fadd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk