International Thalassaemia Conference 2008 (Singapore)

• 24 Replies

Offline red

Re: International Thalassaemia Conference 2008 (Singapore)
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
thanks Ash!

Offline roldan par

• me and my friend
    • friendster.com
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
hello Andy!!!

Our local group here in Manila really want to be there at the conference but unfortunatelly not all of us have the financial capabilties, but we're making an effort in finding a sponsor to atleast have a representative for our  local group here in the Phillipines!I really love to be there.. :love
We hope nextime it'll be held here in our country?
More power to the group and fellow thal there!Godbless!!!
hmmm...judge me when we get to know each other

Offline Eponine

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »
Hi guys

Those of you looking for sponsorship can look to the major pharmaceutical companies. They do sponsor quite a few from each country for every conference. Look to those comapanies that deals with chelation drugs. The major one  :winky
But best to go to your local NTAs cos these companies would give the grant to the NTAs for them to decide who should go.
But again, no harm trying.

Offline Eponine

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 04:23:58 PM »

George and Ms. Tuli were in the meeting representing TIF and I was representing MTS thats when I gave them the idea.

Oh my god they listened to me how shocking! haha

Haha sorry ash to tell you this, but this webcast thing has totally NOTHING to do wtih TIF. We, the organisers came up with the idea somewhere along the way but not sure if it would work. Response doesnt look too good though. Might just scrape it because of the extra cost.
BTW this conference is organised by the local commitee in Singapore who has the full organisational control. TIF doesnt have much to do with it. They lend their support and give suggestions.

Offline Eponine

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:03:25 PM »
Ash, you've been way ahead of TIF concerning the internet, all along. At least the Pune conference was video recorded. I was amazed at the Dubai conference when Shilpa tried to get copies of the tapes of the talks and found out most didn't exist. Let's hope the Singapore conference tapes every single talk and presentation and also webcasts them.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the suggestions. We will take into account these suggestions but I really cant promise ok? Cost is a VERY big factor here. We want the best for the patients and medical personnels attending this conference, but we have to jump through obstacles.

Offline Nur

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »

Those of you looking for sponsorship can look to the major pharmaceutical companies. They do sponsor quite a few from each country for every conference. Look to those comapanies that deals with chelation drugs. The major one  :winky
But best to go to your local NTAs cos these companies would give the grant to the NTAs for them to decide who should go.

Dear Eponine,

I agree that the best way in getting sponsorship is by local NGO's but my concern is that it only covers for a few patients per area. Like my NGO for instance, the most they can provide is only for 3 persons while the number of patients that are applying is more than that. So i'm not putting high hopes on local NGO's in providing me sponsorship.

My hope is thru sponsorship from pharmaceutical companys but i really have no idea on where to start, What kind of letter do i need to do and so on..... :dunno

Nur

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 05:45:17 AM »
Gosh Eponine,

I would really like to be there.  I am yet undecided but I'll let you all know once I know. 
If I can not make it I would definitely like to watch online. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Eponine

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi Sharmin

We will work on that online thing to see if its feasible.

Offline Eponine

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »
Hi Nur

I've PMed you. Let's discuss more about it offline.  :grin

Offline Eponine

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »
Hi All

Just a reminder that the extended early bird registration closes tomorrrow, 15 Aug 2008. Do sign up if you have not done so!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk