TIF Sponsorhip Form for Singapore Conference Attached. Deadline July 31

• 15 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
TIF is helping to sponsor patients and parents who wish to go to the Singapore Conference in October. For reasons unknown to me, TIF has not widely distributed this sponsorship form, nor have they publicized this on their website.

Please fill this form in and have it signed by the president of your local or national thalassemia association/society/organization and return it to TIF.
Email the completed form to thalassaemia@cytanet.com.cy or mail it to

T.I.F.
P.O.Box 28807
Nicosia 2083, CYPRUS

I am sorry about the short notice, but TIF has done little to let people know about this (key words here being TIF has done little). The deadline is July 31.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline cherieann

Oh Andy
I don't even know if New Zealand has a local or national thalassaemia association/society/organization :wah
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline Nur

Daer Cherieann,

I think it's ok if New Zealand don't have an association because in the form, there is a box to tick if your country does not have any society.

i wonder if they would sponsor those who have received sponsorship previously  :huh

Offline cherieann

Thank you Nur
and the answer to your question....can only ask.
Cherieann
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Does sponsorship cover all the costs? Though it's un likely that i'll get it,but still asking.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
I'd love to go there as well.

Would TIF cover all charges?
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

I doubt that TIF will completely sponsor people. From what I saw in Dubai, they gave patients $400-500 US. That is a big help but won't cover all the costs.
I am a bit troubled by TIF's lack of publicity of sponsorship (it's not even mentioned on their site) and the no response I have gotten from them regarding how can patients go about applying for sponsorship. This form was received through a third party and not directly from TIF.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

The form does ask if you've received sponsorship from TIF for any prior conferences or workshops. I have been told that it is more unlikely that you will receive sponsorship if you were previously sponsored. However, I have also observed that some insiders have received sponsorship repeatedly for conferences, so it may also be a matter of who you know. If your country doesn't have a thalassemia association, check the box to indicate that.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

If anyone receives any response from TIF, please let us know. I have emailed them at two different email addresses and have not received any reply. This is typical for TIF. I never received any response before the Dubai conference either. It is actually very puzzling to me why thalassemics have allowed TIF to be the international organization to supposedly represent them. Their website is seldom updated and emailing them appears to have about the same response level as putting a note into a bottle and tossing it into the ocean. It is no wonder that Ashish was campaigning to replace TIF with a new foundation that would be patient oriented and not just some insider clique. The thalassemia world really misses Ashish. I doubt they would miss TIF as much.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

I did finally hear from TIF today and will pass along this message.

Kindly note, that the Thalassaemia International Federation will provide sponsorship only to parents and patients with thalassaemia. Please find attached the sponsorship criteria and the application form. The deadline for completing and returning the application to our email address (thalassaemia@cytanet.com.cy ) or by fax (0035722314552) is 31 July 2008.

The deadline is only days away so please fax or email your completed and signed forms ASAP.
Andy

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: TIF Sponsorhip Form for Singapore Conference Attached. Deadline July 31
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »
Hi

I  have received a reply saying that they have received 100 applications from 25 countries and that they have agreed to give me a sponsorship of $ 1000 upon arrival in Singapore. They requested that i should reply before the end of August to confirm if i accept this sponsorship and i can afford to pay the rest or not. That is what i am finding now if i will be financially capable or not. Hope i can , i will let you know

regards

manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »
Wow! :congrats

At least you got something from them but it looks like they won't cover the expense of getting there which could be a lot from Egypt; including visa arrangement and fees.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:36:35 PM »
 :congrats

WOW it's a great news manal

good to hear that you are going to Singapore in  thalassemia conference.......
i hope that u cand mange to go there...Don't miss the opurtunity to go there ...

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:43:32 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
Manal,

Congratulations on the acceptance, if you have the finances to go..I recommend you should try and go....the conferences are a great way of meeting others..

I unfortunately wont be able to attend the conference.. due to financial dificulties and the fact that I wasnt well the past few months and wasnt sure weather I would still be on the interferon or not...

But I have been to 2 and they were the best times I have had....

Take care

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 04:23:01 AM »
With a lot of excitment, :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo i will manage to attend the conference.  I registered yesterday but unfortunatly was not able to reserve a hotel till now as the deadline is over, but i will see what i can do about this. I have a lot of feelings i am so happy but very anxious and worried. I know that this would be important and informative time but it is also the first time for me to travel alone that is why i am worried.

Had a thought, which i want to share with you.. this trip will cost me a lot of many in spite of the sponsorship due to variation in currency, tickets, choosing an expensive country... so was it better to didicate this money for the trip or was it better to give this money as a donation either to the ETA or our site, i had such a conflict, actually as you see i chose to go , was that a bit selfishness ( especially that Andy is going and he is the best one to be there) or it is really a beneficial thing to do as a patient, what do you think???

Thanks to all your replies and never mind Smurfette definetly more conferences will come and please post all the questions you and everyone need to ask.

To all who sent the application, did anyone receive anything from TIF or not yet??

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk